Seattle SpeediShuttle?

Has anyone had any experience with this company? Their prices look very good, but I searched the threads and don't see any information, nor can I find any reviews online. We need to look at transportation from Sea-Tac to Pier 91 next month. Thanks for any info....

Edited by JudithLynne

Never heard of them, but there are MANY MANY car services in Seattle.

eastsideforhire/flatrateforhire currently charges $35 from SeaTac to pier 91.

That's for a prius so if there are more than 2-3 in your party be sure to ask for a minivan.

I've always made a reservation based on my flight time ... the driver was waiting just off property and was at the curb outside baggage claim within a few minutes of my call.

I'd still choose a flat rate cab company.

I don't like the waiting around involved with shared ride services; I want to get my luggage and leave.

Plus the cab picks up at the curb outside of baggage claim whereas with Speedi shuttle you have to go to the 3rd floor of the parking garage.

If you use them, please resurrect this post and add a review. Good luck!

I am thinking that we will book Eastside for Hire based on all the reviews and recommendations and advice from all of you folks.

We are not looking forward to that day. The best flight we could get (non-stop) will get us into SeaTac at 8:20 AM, so we will be at the pier very early as others are departing. Hopefully, there will be a waiting area for us. Maybe we could kill some time by watching our luggage circle the carousel!

has anyone used Eastside lately. I really need help with this. Was going to use them from airport to downtown but on yelp and trip advisor they have such terrible reviews and some things are downright scarry. People say they were harassed by a driver who was calling them infidels and quoting the Quran to them and a few said they were quoted one price on line but then the driver insisted on charging them much more. There are no recent reviews however so I'm wondering if it's safe to use them.

has anyone used Eastside lately. I really need help with this. Was going to use them from airport to downtown but on yelp and trip advisor they have such terrible reviews and some things are downright scarry. People say they were harassed by a driver who was calling them infidels and quoting the Quran to them and a few said they were quoted one price on line but then the driver insisted on charging them much more. There are no recent reviews however so I'm wondering if it's safe to use them.

I've used them several times over the past few yrs; the last time in March. I've never had a problem; drivers were always courteous and professional.

I think uber and other flat rate companies are serious competition for the regular cab companies .... they've had the monopoly for a very long time. Perhaps these negative reviews are sour grapes from cabbies ???? especially if the review is from a one-post wonder.

Its a 20-30 minute ride in a car; I mean how bad can it be, really? If you don't want to talk you tell the driver you have a headache and need silence.

I'm reserving eastside for my 86 yr old mother next month ... no hesitation.

Check out http://www.eastsideforhire.com They price from zip code to zip code and you don't have to wait to fill a shuttle or wait until others get dropped off before you. I have used them every time we are in Seattle and get great service. They come within 5-10 minutes of when you call.

Would appear Curb has taken over Eastside. Curb sent back email confirming receipt of my order but no info on what procedure to take to get car upon arrival at Seatac. Sent Curb 2nd email but will not answer any questions. emailed info@eastside forhire.com and was informed it did not go through.

Since I have no cell phone will be interesting to see if a call via pay phone when I arrive will work.

What is Curb? Are they an already existing car service? What makes you think they took over eastside. I'm thinking for a few dollars more it's worth it to use someone proven more reliable since we arrive in Seattle close to 11:00PM. Thanks for all your comments All helpful in deciding.

curb is an app formerly taxi magic. You don't need to use them just call Flatrateforhire.com

Yelp reviews are bad for every taxi service in Seattle so I really wouldn't worry too much. I used Eastside-flat rate last wk and they are fine. Sort of like Uber or any other taxi. Some drivers are right on and some barely intelligible. Point is they provide a good service. Its important to know the zip code and the rate so you know your paying the right amount.

they used to use flywheel.com as an app so I'll check that out.

you simply call or text eastside upon arrival and they will text you back the car #. You meet them on the departure level at Seatac -- upstairs from baggage claim.

upstairs ?

They've always met me at the curb right outside baggage claim.

p.s. for anyone reading ....eastsideforhire and flatrateforhire are the same vendor

Edited by mapleleaves

you simply call or text eastside upon arrival and they will text you back the car #. You meet them on the departure level at Seatac -- upstairs from baggage claim.

Are you saying if you don't have a cell phone you cannot use this service?

you don't HAVE to text. I always call.

CALL when you have your luggage and tell them the exit door number you're nearest to. They in turn will tell you the car number that's coming to meet you. Usually the driver is waiting just off site so they arrive in a couple of minutes.

Edited by mapleleaves

you don't HAVE to text. I always call.

CALL when you have your luggage and tell them the exit door number you're nearest to. They in turn will tell you the car number that's coming to meet you. Usually the driver is waiting just off site so they arrive in a couple of minutes.

So making a reservation online in advance isn't necessary? Our arrival is on a Tuesday around 1:00 pm, and we'll need to go to the downtown area. Thanks!

I always make a reservation .... I figure I have the flight info so why not? But it's not required.

pizzalady, who also recommends eastsideforhire, has stated that she calls for a cab when she arrives at SeaTac.

So either or is fine.

no you don't need reservations. I wasn't aware that cabs would come to baggage claim so if that is so, that is way more convenient. Since Yellow cab has the contract at Seatac it used to be that any 'other' cab had to meet passengers upstairs vs at baggage claim.

• 2 weeks later...
Check out http://www.eastsideforhire.com They price from zip code to zip code and you don't have to wait to fill a shuttle or wait until others get dropped off before you. I have used them every time we are in Seattle and get great service. They come within 5-10 minutes of when you call.

I had a reservation with Eastsideforhire on Thursday May 14. I called when we got off the plane, she had the driver call me back, who spoke VERY broken english. He said to call when we got our luggage and to the curb, so he would know where we were. I called and called and got voice mail. He finally called back and said he ALREADY had me in the car?

I found a driver in a Prius at the curb, he was Uber that just dropped someone off. He took us to our hotel in the Space Needle area for $26.66 and gave us a coupon code for $20 off of that, so a total of $6.66!!! I did tip him quite nicely.

From my experience I would never recommend Eastside.

I'm sorry you had that experience. Let me explain: Eastside for hire isn't a towncar type company. Making a 'reservation' doesn't mean they have someone monitoring your flight and waiting patiently. Quite frankly why would you 'reserve' a taxi when you don't know what time the plane is arriving or how fast your bags come down? They work just fine if your at a hotel and want to go to the port at a specific time. Just call them when you have your bags. Its a good option to a shuttle or a taxi or a towncar. Normally they save you money.

Speedishuttle started in here just this month though apparently they are from Hawaii. I see their vans which are brand new Black Mercedes Sprinter vans. They are so new there is no 'track record' for them.

I'm sorry you had that experience. Let me explain: Eastside for hire isn't a towncar type company. Making a 'reservation' doesn't mean they have someone monitoring your flight and waiting patiently. Quite frankly why would you 'reserve' a taxi when you don't know what time the plane is arriving or how fast your bags come down? They work just fine if your at a hotel and want to go to the port at a specific time. Just call them when you have your bags. Its a good option to a shuttle or a taxi or a towncar. Normally they save you money.

Speedishuttle started in here just this month though apparently they are from Hawaii. I see their vans which are brand new Black Mercedes Sprinter vans. They are so new there is no 'track record' for them.

I guess I made a reservation because they have a BIG make a reservation button on their website?

I used Seattle Express back from Pier 91 to SeaTac. $12 a person and they leave every 15 minutes whether full or not, or van only had 6 people on it.