Arcadia D deck balconies

smokey01

I have just read this recent review of Arcadia :- 'the only problem for us was the balcony on D. deck mid-ship, as we were just above the lifeboats. This meant that the balcony was small and the view of the lifeboats and their mechanisms unsightly - so beware, as the cabin was a top grade balcony cabin with a price to match!! '

I didn't think Arcadia had restricted view balconies? Can anyone else confirm whether the life boats spoilt the view on D deck?

I have just read this recent review of Arcadia :- 'the only problem for us was the balcony on D. deck mid-ship, as we were just above the lifeboats. This meant that the balcony was small and the view of the lifeboats and their mechanisms unsightly - so beware, as the cabin was a top grade balcony cabin with a price to match!! '

I didn't think Arcadia had restricted view balconies? Can anyone else confirm whether the life boats spoilt the view on D deck?

Looking at images I cant see any balconies that are obscured.

Maybe if you are in the balconies directly above the lifeboats, (D deck) looking down you would see the top of the lifeboats and the winches etc, but not in front of you. you would have an unobstructed view straight out.

I thought all the side balconies on Arcadia were the same depth (no looking down on the balcony below) so if the reviewer thought their balcony was small, they would think all the balconies were small.

I think this is one of those times when you need to look carefully at a deck plan, to decide where you want your cabin to be.

The obscured cabins on Arcadia are the midship E deck ones, they aren't balconies but can be a great bargain if you get one between the lifeboats as you still get a decent view with floor to ceiling windows.

The midship D deck balconies do indeed have smaller balconies and overlook the lifeboats. Best bet is to book the deck above as they should be the same price grade or an EC grade. All the balconies on Arcadia are classed as deluxe.

The obscured cabins on Arcadia are the midship E deck ones, they aren't balconies but can be a great bargain if you get one between the lifeboats as you still get a decent view with floor to ceiling windows.

The midship D deck balconies do indeed have smaller balconies and overlook the lifeboats. Best bet is to book the deck above as they should be the same price grade or an EC grade. All the balconies on Arcadia are classed as deluxe.

Oh my goodness, that is correct, the balconies on d deck are narrower!!

I blew the deck plans up, and can see now. You learn something new everyday.

You are also correct that if you go for the deck above-C deck, they would be the same price.

This would be select fares I assume we are talking about.

You could also choose a balcony in the sections either forward or aft of the life boat area (in that part of the ship that protrudes each side of the lifeboats). These balconies look straight down on the water and we have had one in the forward section on D deck and on our last 51 day cruise we had one aft of the lifeboats on C deck. We really loved this area. It was quiet and we didn't think there was any more movement here than elsewhere (and we travelled from Southampton to Sydney via Cape Horn so experienced varying ocean conditions :D). The view down to the water was unobstructed by lifeboats.

We wouldn't hesitate to book a cabin in this area again on Arcadia so check it out.