Joel Mason (Elton John) currently on Zuiderdam?

atlantamoi

This is a good show, really. I'm not just saying that because his mother is watching these boards. We saw Joel Mason in February on the Westerdam, and then the real guy in Las Vegas a few months later. The real EJ show has lots of video in the background, which is kind of a cheap way to do a high priced show. Some say EJ is phoning it in these days. Not Joel. A terrific bargain.

totally off topic: best shows in Las Vegas, Celine Dion (and I'm not a fan) and "O."

Hey, Mom. Are you out there?

Just got an email from HAL about entertainment on Zuiderdam for Oct. 22 - 29 and I was just wondering if Joel will be on board for sure or not. He was not listed and I know these things change all the time.

Just curious.

The schedule I have shows that will be his last week. Don't know anything beyond that. (Hope he comes home for a bit!)

The schedule I have shows that will be his last week. Don't know anything beyond that. (Hope he comes home for a bit!)

I know you'd love to have him home, but those of us sailing on the 11/13 Westerdam would be MORE than thrilled to see him on our cruise! :D Saw him in May on the Zui and don't remember when we've enjoyed a show more.

• 1 month later...

I saw Joel's performances in early October on the Zuiderdam. He's is one hell of a great entertainer - the very best tribute/ artists need to be highly talented musicians in their own right. They also have to have the confidence, charisma and ability to be able to win the audience over from the very first moment. He is definitely not to be missed!

What was great was to chat with him (several times!) when he was "off duty" - to use an English Expression, he's a great bloke :D

James

I received this information from Staged Events:

'Joel Mason will be on Zuiderdam beginning next week until Dec 10 when he'll disembark for a week's worth of shows in Florida (and a short vacation with his family at Disneyworld!). He is currently on 5 days bed-rest (doctors orders) due to a bacterial infection that has colonized in his throat.

His Florida tour includes venues in The Villages, Delray Beach, Lake Worth, Deerfield Beach, Pembroke Pines, Boca Raton. I don't have the specific venues in front of me.'

I emailed back and asked for dates and venues. I'll post when I receive the information.

Dolores

Joel emailed me personally Friday and said he would meet our ship tomorrow in St. Thomas. We all hope he will be feeling better and able to perform, since he is one of the best and most respected 'regular' entertainers aboard.

Candy <-- enjoying the ocean motion tonight

• 2 weeks later...

Archived