Poll for Golds

mamieof3

Gold's Please Vote  

303 members have voted

1. 1. Gold's Please Vote

• I like the '$9 drink at any bar' coupon
    • I would rather be able to go to the party

Someone in another thread said something to this effect: "I would bet if the Gold's could vote, 90% would rather have $9 drink coupon to be used at any bar rather than the party. I thought it would be interesting to see how Gold's would vote when posed this question. IMO, I agree. I have been to probably 3 of the parties and it has always been so crowded, never was able to get more than one drink, and never enjoyed the drink that the waiter had to offer. Also, I never was able to sample any of the food goodies. I quit going to the parties a few cruises ago.

So, Gold's, please vote :)

I have been Gold for several cruises now, and have attended the previous Past Guest parties. Either one works for me. The past several parties we had no problems getting drinks or appetizers, and the waiters even left one or more drinks knowing that it would a awhile before they came back around. The last party I attended which was on the Sunshine last summer was crowded, but the service was the best I had ever seen. They probably had three times the number of staff working the lounge than in previous years, which meant the service was quicker, and the drinks were free flowing.

Of the 3 past guest parties I have been invited to, I have only gone once (last year) and I am glad I did since the policy is changing.

I would feel a lot better about the change if the free drink could be used at any bar - at any time - on the cruise.

You do realize that however many people vote in this poll, that is really an insignificant portion of how many real Gold card holders that Carnival has, right?

So, basically, it is a useless poll.

Even for Cruise Critic.

And you left off a choice - "I don't Care".

And yes, I am Gold.

Andy

I turned Gold on my last cruise but was unable to attend the party because I got food poisoning at the sea day brunch. Felt awful and didn't leave the cabin the rest of the day (it was the last day of the cruise anyway). I had been looking forward to attaining the gold status and finding out what the party was all about. Now I will never have the opportunity. Even after the next 2 years of booked cruises I would still need 30 days to make Platinum and that is another 4 eight day cruises or 5 seven day cruises which is another 4-5 years! I want to be valued for continuing to spend my vacation dollars with a specific company. I don't feel valued nor do I think I will continue cruising as my vacation choice. Back to land vacations where at least I know I will get nothing going in.

You do realize that however many people vote in this poll, that is really an insignificant portion of how many real Gold card holders that Carnival has, right?

Even for Cruise Critic.

And yes, I am Gold.

Andy

Also, a voter can check both options and submit their vote :D

5 Cruises--went to one party.

Don't really care one way or the other--I don't cruise for the alcohol, one crowded room trying to get a "free" drink, or even a drink coupon.

I cruise Carnival for the experience--cruising, excursions, etc, and am totally happy with each and every cruise we've been on, and totally looking forward to the next! :)

Me and my wife turned gold on our last cruise. We want to the party and had a good time. It wasn't to crowed at all. Was always someone take drink order. I would much rather have the party than one drink.

I'm gold, I don't really drink that much. I look really young so I was always got carded at the parties for the alcohol drinks - which means I also had to take my license or passport with me to prove my age. Since I don't normally carry my ID with me, I never used to drink at the parties. My last cruise, my BF was a new cruiser and I didn't go to the party as he wasn't allowed in. I would rather have the coupon though.

OP, FYI you get a greater response generally when you create a private poll where the member names are not revealed.

Ok, thank you. I hadn't thought that some may want to remain anonymous. I will change it, thanks again :)

Edit: I am sorry, I can't see where I can change the settings of this poll, but I will keep that in mind if I ever do another.

Edited by mamieof3

OP, FYI you get a greater response generally when you create a private poll where the member names are not revealed.

Its better this way. That ways you can see if the respondents are truthful or not. We already have one Plat admitting to skewing the poll.

Just checked, there are a few Plats voting for the Golds. Isn't gtalum Platinum as well?

While I am fine with the no party, I would have liked to at least experience it.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

Would much rather go to the party than a coupon you can only use on the last day for a few hours. :rolleyes:

The party was corny but I liked it. :)

A few hours the last day at almost any bar or 45 minutes before dinner on one evening in a crowed room. Which sounds more constrictive to you?

I have been Gold for several cruises now, and have attended the previous Past Guest parties. Either one works for me. The past several parties we had no problems getting drinks or appetizers, and the waiters even left one or more drinks knowing that it would a awhile before they came back around. The last party I attended which was on the Sunshine last summer was crowded, but the service was the best I had ever seen. They probably had three times the number of staff working the lounge than in previous years, which meant the service was quicker, and the drinks were free flowing.

If I had been to one like what you describe, I might be more inclined towards the party, too. But, I have to say, a large part of it for me was that I just found it boring after the first one. I admit to only attending probably 3 parties but they were all the exact same...same video with a Howdy from Cahill, same 'whoo-hooing' of the ships...just bored me quite quickly and found myself preferring to be doing other things. Thanks for sharing your experience, I like different perspectives :)

Of the 3 past guest parties I have been invited to, I have only gone once (last year) and I am glad I did since the policy is changing.

I would feel a lot better about the change if the free drink could be used at any bar - at any time - on the cruise.

Even for Cruise Critic.

And yes, I am Gold.

Andy

That's ok, Andy, This poll was for 'fun' and for CC members, not world-wide Carnival cruisers. I really don't care that you don't care...I don't care about a lot of threads, so I peruse right over them...other threads I find very interesting and helpful and, yes, fun. Different strokes for different folks. And, congrats on being Gold....is that what you were fishing for? *eye roll* Janie

What a fair poll! Anyone can vote and skew the result to their favor:rolleyes:

That's true, and I thought of that. But, that could be said about a lot of polls. It is what it is...unofficial, unreliable, but something I thought might be interesting. Most of the folk that have posted have had valid points of view and I have appreciated that...even the one that admitted to being Platinum :), thought that was funny. Oh well.....