Do they ever take away an upgrade?

gobnu1

Did you book a guarantee or a specific cabin? If you booked a guarantee, they CAN bump you down, though it does not happen very often. If you booked a specific cabin and got an upgrade, then I doubt you will be downgraded at all.

booked a specific D1 cabin, not a guarantee, was hoping for a bump to JS. Never thought about this much of an upgrade.

I think it may depend on how soon your cruise is, and how full they are. I know when we booked the RFS with less than 5 people, we were told we could get bumped if a larger group came along. I would think in your case, though, they would compensate you with an Owners suite, at least.

By the way, which ship is it? If it's Voyager or Radiance class (or the Enchantment) the RFS entitles you to use the concierge lounge.

Congrats!!!! How did you find out and was that suite available online? I'm going on the Jewel soon but its booked so I know there aren't any upgrades available.

found out by checking my reservation online. didn't check the suite availability as I never dreamed to get one.

Have you told your wife yet....

If not, Don't!

Have Fun!!

No, but I'm dying to. We had to postpone this trip for the last 2 years as her Mom was battling cancer (unfortunately passed away over the holidays). My wife quit her job to take care of her and really deserved something special. I had no idea it would be this special.

Dont tell your wife - it will be a bonus for you.

Also, the concierge will more than likely contact you before the cruise to let you know he can help you. He did with us anyway. He let us know when formal nights were and premade our dinner reservations at the alternate restaurants. The tickets for the ice show were in the room with the concierge information packet available to use at our convience. Take some CD's to use with the sound system in your room. Maybe you and your wife's special songs, she will love that. Since you got the upgrade for free, order flowers to be in the room for her when you arrive, maybe some champagne. You can do this online on the RCCL site. You will need your reservation number to reference on the order. You will get snacks every afternoon as part of the level of room you now have and have access to free cocktails, snacks in the pm and continental breakfast in the am via the concierge lounge, as are DVD's you can borrow during your trip. You will also be able to walk past the line when you board to the suite level check in.

Enjoy your trip and make it a once in a lifetime for your wife. Keep your trap shut and let her enjoy the moment.

Duct tape that mouth and let it be a surprise. She will fall over and be thrilled! Then do something romantic and amazing like hand her flowers (waiting in the cabin) or chocolate or a small piece of jewelry. You will be a king and she will cry the best kind of tears there are.

I agree with the above posters, try not to tell and once you arrive at the pier take her to the priority boarding area (if there is one at the terminal). Tell her the good news there and watch the smile on her face! :)

Archived