Paris to Normandy cruise in November?

KathyK13

We did the Avalon wine tasting cruise at a similar time of year, and found it OK - although we're from London so used to November being cold/wet/windy! As long as you prepare for it, you should be OK... otherwise it will be no fun

We did the Avalon wine tasting cruise at a similar time of year, and found it OK - although we're from London so used to November being cold/wet/windy! As long as you prepare for it, you should be OK... otherwise it will be no fun

Welcome to CC Technosaurus! I've been in London in November.....you should feel right at home! :D

I would want to go April/May or Sept/Oct, neither of which may be a live option for you. Not that you would perish from misery in November; but a month earlier, or in springtime, are arguably more pleasant settings for the Seine to work it's magic. The area, quite simply, is beautiful (that, over and above all the indoor history avaliable along the way). For me money, it's better to experience the latter in an environment that complements. Rather than having to scrape off the rime, I mean.

Because Syracuse(me but long ago) or Rochester-it is not as cold but as said about you go to Vernon where Van Gogh died instead of Giverny after October so forget that. The crusader castle is also closed though you can see it from outside and the view down to the Seine is nice. Also, the Versailles visit may not be as nice as when the gardens are in bloom. We went in December, we found the Vernon tour interesting and the trip to the Normandy battle sites moving. The added extra that does not happen in early November is that the Christmas markets are open. We had rain in Normandy and some in other parts but it was not that bad and it started snowing when we were viewing the crusader castle which was really nice. The people that went to Versailles the next day got to see snow in the gardens. We still loved the trip (sadly no special wine) and recommended it to relatives who went in November and had a terrible time (health, rain, less nice tour guides) so that I would never do that even with good wine. But I will tell somebody from upstate NY that the snow melted by noon the next day so it was just pretty and not gray and it is not cold if you are used to real winter.