Star Princess E718 mini suite questions

kazda

HI

Looking at securing a Mini suite on Star Princess on Emerald deck E718 portside.

I have done some research and found that E718 & E720 will not be affected by noise from the Vista Lounge on the deck below as E718 & E720 are not directly above the Lounge Stage area.

Confirmation of this would be great, especially from someone who has stayed in either E718 or E720 on Star Princess.

Another question, As E718 is the start of the first mini-suites in this area, in google images of the ship it looks like there's some type of life raft (not life boats) located in the outside area immediately next to room E718. Does anybody know what they actually are. ?

Final question... When standing on the mini-suite balcony and looking towards the bow is your view obstructed by the life boats in any way ?

When I google for images of the Star Princess, it looks like the life boats are tucked in and not protruding, but would love confirmation of whether your view from the balcony would be obstructed ?

Looking forward to any information re Star E718 as I'm about ready to make our reservation

Thanks

Karen

Edited by kazda

No noise, no obstruction. The lifeboats and tenders on the Star are tucked in. Besides, the Emerald deck balconies are fully covered. In order to see forward or aft, you need to be at the railing. These cabins and balconies are quiet and private. Great location.

I was able to secure E718, so very happy.

I booked directly via the Princess website, however I couldn't see a section where I could deny an upgrade if one becomes available.

Guess I will have to give them a call. ?

Thanks for all replies.

I was able to secure E718, so very happy.

I booked directly via the Princess website, however I couldn't see a section where I could deny an upgrade if one becomes available.

Guess I will have to give them a call. ?

Thanks for all replies.

Call Princess.......

If you wish an upgrade you would only want one to a suite. So have the booking marked "META" upgrade only which is to the next cabin category. otherwise..... If you upgrade within the mini's to what Princess thinks is a better ship/deck location you may end up with an uncovered mini on Dolphin deck. :( Or if you are happy where you are at then mark the booking "no upgrade". :) Hope this is not too confusing.