Have you enjoyed Elite Status?

mimi2

Just back from 30 days on the Star Princess. I believe it was the first cruise (March 3) with the new Elite program in effect. This is really a great perk. The laundry and dry cleaning benefit alone saved us aprx. $175.00 (Princess prices). Every cruise up to now we've used the laundry room.

The mini-bar was worth about $135 (Princess calculation). And, 10% off in all the shops saved quite a bit. My wife also liked the upgraded toiletries.

All in all, along with the free internet that you also get at the Platinum level, we figured our benefit from Elite as somewhere in excess of $500. Not too shabby!! icon_smile.gif

Roy W.

Roy-Thanks for the information. How did the mini-bar set-up work. Did you tell them ahead of time what you wanted, or when you got on the ship? Or was in stocked with the standards? Is there a limit to the laundry and dry cleaning, did they do a good job, or did they shrink items, change colors, or loose anything. Do the stewards handle the laundry or someone else. Trying to figure out of much cas I will need for extra tipping.

Thanks!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;4;10;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

UNTIL SPRING BREAK ON THE CARIBBEAN PRINCESS

As far as the "mini-bar" is concerned, there is no actual bar in the cabin - just a refrigerator. Ours was the first cruise with "Elite" so it took awhile before everything was "in place". About the fourth or fifth day, they brought in a large tray with assorted liquors, beer, soft drinks, mixes, water, etc., etc. We were not asked what we would prefer - it was just just a standard "mix" but perfectly adequate.

No, I don't believe priority dining times are in the program. However, since we prefer, and had, traditional dining, this was not an issue.

The laundry and dry cleaning service was excellent. Everything came back, nothing was lost, nothing shrank and nothing changed colors!

The steward leaves the standard laundry lists but you only fill in quantities of items - not the price. You should receive - and use - lists that are stamped "Complimentary" on the bottom. You fill a laundry bag, fill out the list and leave the bag with the list on top for your steward. The steward will also return the finished "product". Standard service is two days but we always (3 times) received ours back in one day.

"Momofcnb" you asked "...where did you go?" I assume you were asking about the cruise icon_smile.gif. We started in Bangkok and ended in Venice. In "between" was Viet Nam, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Oman, Jordan, Turkey, Egypt, Greece and Croatia.

Roy W.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! One more cruise to go till we're ELITE! In fact, we're taking a 7 day cruise (inside cabin for the first time)in the fall, so we will be ELITE for our 15 day cruise to Hawaii next spring in a minisuite!

Please, tell me its heaven, tell me we are treated like royalty compared to the rest of the rabble, tell me it's worth spending my kids college fund on!

AHH, ELITE STATUS - As Bill Murry said in Caddyshack - "So I got that goin' for me."

Our first as Elite will be next month, when the Sun Princess works her way up the Left Coast.

The free laundry (and dry cleaning if needed) will be great next March, when we do Sapphire Princess, 19 nights, Sydney to Bangkok. How nice it will be to be able to pack a little lighter, and not bother with the laundromats.

Reference the free internet - the system is so slow,I wouldn't use it if it wasn't free!

Michael

My sister and brother-in-law have been designated "Elite" and found out that not only do they have the perks mentioned, but they also get validated parking at the pier, a savings for our Regal cruise in a couple of weeks of $160.00.

One question I had is, I've seen mentioned on the boards that there's a special place for Elite members to go to get priority tendering. Does anyone have any information on that?

Song of Norway & Song of America, 1986-88; Royal Princess 2/99; Sun Princess 1/00; Ocean Princess 12/00; Royal Princess 4/01; Grand Princess 12/23/01; Sea Princess 2/9/02; Explorer of the Seas 12/21/02; Coral Princess 8/9/03; Nordic Empress 12/27/03.

-- Regal Princess (4/20/04) -- Roll Call

-- Caribbean Princess (12/26/04) -- Roll Call

-- Royal Princess (4/21/05)

Pam in MA,we're just of the Golden 3/27/04, with Elite Status--the night rior to a tender port the room steward will leave priority tender tickets of your pillow-then you just go to the head of the line and they allow your right on. Re: laundry, etc., if the laundry lists in your room are NOT marked Complimenary, just use the regular ones, then underneath your signature just print Platinum Elite--works fine. If no one else has mentioned it yet, they also bring you sprecial chocolates and your cruise card (which is black) is preprogrammed so that when you spend money in the ships boutiques, then is a 10% automatic discount.

"Until the Ryndan Feb 7 and the Golden 3/27

Is there anything different with these Elite benefits than what you get with a Grand Suite? Everything I've read here is the same as the perks for the suite.

Sue

Grand Princess - Western Caribbean - April 25, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;4;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Constellation Transatlantic 9/7/04

Infinity Panama Canal 4/17/05

Bev, thanks for the tip. I'm not Elite but my sister and brother-in-law are and I'll be going on the tender with them. I assume I can just go along since we'll have tour tickets with us.

Song of Norway & Song of America, 1986-88; Royal Princess 2/99; Sun Princess 1/00; Ocean Princess 12/00; Royal Princess 4/01; Grand Princess 12/23/01; Sea Princess 2/9/02; Explorer of the Seas 12/21/02; Coral Princess 8/9/03; Nordic Empress 12/27/03.

-- Regal Princess (4/20/04) -- Roll Call

-- Caribbean Princess (12/26/04) -- Roll Call

-- Royal Princess (4/21/05)

Hi all

How many cruises with Princess qualifies you for Elite Status or is it not the number of cruises you do but the sateroom that qualifies you

CANBERRA JUNE 97

OCEAN PRINCESS OCT 01

DAWN PRINCESS MARCH 03

STAR PRINCESS AUGUST 04

PAULNJILL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My sister and brother-in-law have been designated "Elite" and found out that not only do they have the perks mentioned, but they also get validated parking at the pier, a savings for our Regal cruise in a couple of weeks of $160.00. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow - that's the best perk I've so far! I hope it's consistant with all cruises. We live in L.A. and have been trying to save $$$ on the parking when we sail out of the port there. If they validate, we would be very pleased!

Has anyone had thier parking validated out of L.A. harbor?

Hi Pam and Sue, I have been reading the post on this subject and find it interesting that your sister Pam got validated parking at the pier at the World Cruise Center in San Pedro. I have found no reference to this being one of the perks that go along with being an "Elite" Princess Passenger. My wife and I are "Elite members and we will be sailing on the Island Princess in September and are driving to the pier from San Diego. That would be quite a saving but I just haven't seen anything from Princess that says this is so.

And Sue you ask "Is there anything different with these Elite benefits than what you get with a Grand Suite? Everything I've read here is the same as the perks for the suite." Yes there are. We have only been in a suite twice but on neither occasion did we get a 10% discount on our purchases in the stores. We didn't get out laundry done or our dry cleaning done for free.

Bill. icon_rolleyes.gif

Ok Lampwick.Everyone that boards a Princess cruise is a V.I.P. we are all paying customers whether we have cruised once or 100 times.

Yes those that cruise 15 times or more are entitled to extra perks for their loyalty to the line.Apart from that we are all as one. icon_cool.gif

I just went to Elite on my last cruise. They sent me my Elite Captain's Circle card towards the end of my cruise. It's been fun reading about the perks. I think it's wonderful to get free internet access alone, so I'm thrilled to hear about the new perks. Thanks for telling us about them. I did get invited to a special brunch for "most Princess traveled" passengers. This was on the Island. It was very, very nice and quite a nice treat. I really feel like Princess 'romances' their returning guests better than any of the other cruise lines I've traveled on.

Archived