Do many sailings turn left out of Southampton?

MawganTr

I like to browse the marine traffic app and noticed that on of the smaller PO ships came out of Southampton via the needles. This evening I see that QV has done the same. I didn't realise any ships went out through that channel. Has anyone experienced this?

I like to browse the marine traffic app and noticed that on of the smaller PO ships came out of Southampton via the needles. This evening I see that QV has done the same. I didn't realise any ships went out through that channel. Has anyone experienced this?

Yes, I went through there on Adonia once, it was fantastic to see the Needles close up. We also returned through that channel. I think it saves over 5 hours sailing time each way.

I can imagine it would be wonderful. I have been on QV to the med but didn't go that way. One day, maybe!

The Adonia is a lovely little ship compared to QV so I can only imagine that it must be a very high tide tonight to let a Vista ship through otherwise I'm sure that they would choose that route every time.

The Adonia is a lovely little ship compared to QV so I can only imagine that it must be a very high tide tonight to let a Vista ship through otherwise I'm sure that they would choose that route every time.

We have been that way twice on Oceana, the Captain told me that he had worked in the Southampton office and had looked at doing that. Made a nice change.

When we left Southampton last summer onboard Queen Victoria we turned west, (which I think is right not left) to pass the needles. The captain came on to tell us that for the first time QV would take this passage, but from what I recollect, gave no reason why we were taking that route. It was good to see the Needles close up as it was to pass the South Coast and the towns along the way.

Hoping we leave the same way next month on QE as we head to the Med, much more interesting.

When we left Southampton last summer onboard Queen Victoria we turned west, (which I think is right not left) to pass the needles. The captain came on to tell us that for the first time QV would take this passage, but from what I recollect, gave no reason why we were taking that route. It was good to see the Needles close up as it was to pass the South Coast and the towns along the way.

Hoping we leave the same way next month on QE as we head to the Med, much more interesting.

I am in the QV at the moment sailing for the Canaries. It was the first time yesterday I have sailed this way and despite the misty conditions we got a great view of the Needles and Hurst Castle as well as sail so close to that side of the Isle of Wight ,I got some great pictures !

Edited by violetta58