Good and Bad Pride Review

2xsin12mths

Any shaded areas at the regular pools?

We sat at the pool with the big screen. Depending on the sun/shop position, you CAN get some shade on the loungers, but most days by mid morning everything was sun drenched. We lucked out with the weather! The other pool-Venus?? Has shade, but there are couches and chairs there and one side is the smoking section if that is a factor. The "problem" with the main pool is that there are tables set up for eating which take up the lounge chair areas.

We sat at the pool with the big screen. Depending on the sun/shop position, you CAN get some shade on the loungers, but most days by mid morning everything was sun drenched. We lucked out with the weather! The other pool-Venus?? Has shade, but there are couches and chairs there and one side is the smoking section if that is a factor. The "problem" with the main pool is that there are tables set up for eating which take up the lounge chair areas.

This is all quite disappointing and may be deal breakers for me. I was going to ditch Royal for 21 days on Pride this winter but I need shade and avoid smoke. I will not have a balcony so outside shade is important. It would be an amazing itinerary but sounds like I may need to stick with Grandeur even though the itinerary is much more boring.

• 2 weeks later...

There are lounge areas on the side of the pool decks on both sides. Only starboard side is smoking area, so stay on port side. There are plenty of places to sit inside throughout the ship if you want to relax and people watch.

So don't think about changing your choice of ship because of that - it is there. Some of the area is taken up for tables for Guy's burgers or Blue Iguana, but noted some people just hanging out in their bathing suits.

Great ship and the 2.0 updates are pretty great!

We were on the same sailing last week. Opt for Your Time Dining on your next cruise, we were in and out in about 45-60 minutes each day. The worse wait was usually around 7pm and never more than 5 minutes. They gave us a pager and by the time we sat in the bar area, the pager was going off. We even requested the same servers every meal.

We just got off the pride yesterday and weren't so lucky with the Your Time Dining. Each night took 90+ minutes for mostly average food. One night our wait for a table was almost an hour but there were 5 of us that night so I wasn't surprised. Our last two cruises we loved the MDR and had assigned dining, the food and service were amazing even though a bit lengthy. This time with kids and trying to work around Camp Carnival we figured Your Time dining would work out better and mostly it did. Twice we just skipped the MDR and hit the buffet because the food wasn't worth the wait.