Getaway questions

Suzyrn89

What time can we start boarding?

What are typical costs of wifi packages, can I turn my tablet on as a hot spot so we can share the package with family in the same cabin? What about with those in adjoining cabins?

We went over to the port at 11:00am and were onboard just before noon - note: we were in The Haven. I believe general boarding starts at noon. Our unlimited internet package for the week was $179 and that covered our suite. I don't know what you do for people in multiple cabins but I don't think it would matter if they logged onto your account - I just don't know as we didn't try that. My husband has a IPhone he can use as a hotspot, but it would have been in international roaming mode which would have cost a lot more, so we didn't use it. You might want to call your provider to find out what the fees would be if you tried to do it that way. We just used the ship's WIFI which was sufficient for our needs.

The Getaway is a wonderful ship and I believe you will have a great vacation!

We went over to the port at 11:00am and were onboard just before noon - note: we were in The Haven. I believe general boarding starts at noon. Our unlimited internet package for the week was $179 and that covered our suite. I don't know what you do for people in multiple cabins but I don't think it would matter if they logged onto your account - I just don't know as we didn't try that. My husband has a IPhone he can use as a hotspot, but it would have been in international roaming mode which would have cost a lot more, so we didn't use it. You might want to call your provider to find out what the fees would be if you tried to do it that way. We just used the ship's WIFI which was sufficient for our needs.

The Getaway is a wonderful ship and I believe you will have a great vacation!

Thanks so much for the info!

We have had multiple devices using the Internet at once on Getaway. The plan will subtract minutes for each device so they don't really care how many in your cabin are logged on at once . We were in suite both times and would have 3 kids checking email at once. Each got a confirmation of minutes used when signing off and each device's usage total was subtracted from the plan minutes.

Internet was crazy slow and we only checked emails-

no big Internet searches .

We did not have the unlimited plan- not sure that it was available .

There may be restrictions on the unlimited plan as sharing it with other cabins wouldmwan less$$ for NCL.

We arrived at 11 last time to our Haven waiting area. Special needs groups, a group of journalists and Travel agents boarded right before the first Haven group at 11:20.

Non Haven boarding was announced as we walked up the gangway.

We have had multiple devices using the Internet at once on Getaway. The plan will subtract minutes for each device so they don't really care how many in your cabin are logged on at once . We were in suite both times and would have 3 kids checking email at once. Each got a confirmation of minutes used when signing off and each device's usage total was subtracted from the plan minutes.

Internet was crazy slow and we only checked emails-

no big Internet searches .

We did not have the unlimited plan- not sure that it was available .

There may be restrictions on the unlimited plan as sharing it with other cabins wouldmwan less$$ for NCL.

The new plans are unlimited minuets so only one device at a time.

The new plans are unlimited minuets so only one device at a time.

We have been given 500 free minutes with the AllIn package, cruising in 4 weeks. Wonder how they handle this,,,

Also, they are ONLY offering the 179 dollar plan? There are no other , smaller packages? Pretty pricey if you only need 60 minutes!

We have been given 500 free minutes with the AllIn package, cruising in 4 weeks. Wonder how they handle this,,,

Also, they are ONLY offering the 179 dollar plan? There are no other , smaller packages? Pretty pricey if you only need 60 minutes!

If I pay $179 that connection is gonna get USED! LOL :D

I plan to call tomorrow and ask what our options are as we will have 4 of us wanting to use it.

Thanks for everyone's replies, now if someone would just bring back their dailies from the tortola route on the Getaway!