Explorer of the seas/ rebooking

I wonder if RCL are hearing all this😯

If they were they would have learned from the other 'upgrades' to the other Voyager class ships that have had similar upgrades.

I am guessing they are getting booked up and RCI are earning more from extra cabins, serving less drinks on to people on the drinks packages, maybe more people paying for speciality dining etc.

Overall as long as they are selling enough cabins the accounts will be happy!!!

Judging from the majority of reviews most people have a great time, I know I intend to :D

Yes we have also just come off cruise, and being a first timers we were very pleased and had a wonderful time. Yes venues were busy but we did get seats, several people reserve them, which I think is wrong! Explorer hotel manager is well aware of this problem and said it was being monitored. There was plenty of seats at the shows so no problem there. All in all I would go again funds permitting.

I was on the Explorers first cruise after dry dock and i have just read the reviews myself..

Yes okay some of the comments were accurate.. 90% of the shows were god awful and cringe worthy, the first night service was AWFUL and ruined my mum and step dads wedding day, the boat was way too busy.. but did we let it ruin our cruise? No, we still had a lovely holiday.

There are actually nine reviews now and, as you say, some of the comments are accurate.

Regarding the shows, during some of them, guests were actually walking out.

Got off explorer this morning, overall the cruise was good but the reviews where they say there were no seats on sea days and bad weather days are spot on, They have seemed to cram everything on this ship and this has made public spaces very tight indeed.

My concern was with the doors onto deck 11&12 they just do not function properly they do not open on the automatic sensor and the push button openers are mostly all damaged. I and many other passengers had to physically slide the doors open with our hands but this is no good for the infirm or elderly.

Does seem like they have put Lipstick on a pig hopefully they will fix these problems in time.

We would also agree with reviews about lack of seating. Someone brought up the issue at the captains Q&A session and the Hotel Director said they are fully aware of the problem and discussions with Miami were under way on how to rectify it.

With the addition of 19 new cabins on deck 3, 43 new cabins on deck 12, and the removal of two bars (Weekend Warrior bar on the promenade and night club on deck 3 and 4) coupled with halving of the seating area of the aquarium bar (now renamed The Tavern), it is hardly surprising that seating was difficult to find. If you hung around long enough you would eventually get a seat.

Can also relate to the doors onto deck 11&12 and witnessed malfunctions where passengers had to physically slide the doors open with hands.

I find it amazing that after a 45 day dry dock, the issues that were apparent on the last nine night sailing before it are still there after it!

Yes we have also just come off cruise, and being a first timers we were very pleased and had a wonderful time. Yes venues were busy but we did get seats, several people reserve them, which I think is wrong! Explorer hotel manager is well aware of this problem and said it was being monitored. There was plenty of seats at the shows so no problem there. All in all I would go again funds permitting.

I wonder, were you at the early shows? There are generally more seats at those. We went to a couple of early shows and the theatre was half empty. The later shows seemed to be well attended but as I said, during some of them, guests were walking out.

A lot of guests were complaining that many of the the shows were not up to standard.

Over all the cruise was very enjoyable.

Could not fault the food one bit, and the service in the MDR was excellent!

Knysna…. Can you sort out your signature? Your countdown clocks are stretching the webpage waaaay off screen over to the right.

There was no mention of a 3D cinema, never found one, movies were shown on the pool screen and in the theatre.

Edited by icsys

We were always at the late show. But still plenty of 2s and 3 seats dotted around. But if people leave it to the very last minute or come in late (as often happened) what do they expect!

Yes the quality of these shows was lacking, but I didn't think bad enough to walk out on, indeed the jugglers best bit was at the end!!

Ok I'll have a look at my signature and see what is happening! Will have to use the desktop for that.

There use to be a cinema on deck 2, has that gone now?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app

Ok I'll have a look at my signature and see what is happening! Will have to use the desktop for that.

There use to be a cinema on deck 2, has that gone now?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app

as far as we could see the cinema had gone and been replaced with cabins... they were showing some films in the theatre in the daytime.

I think this is the thing, We have never cruised before either so i presume we will find everything amazing when we go. I can understand however why those of you who have cruised many times will find things slipping down the pan. A friend of mine who has cruised a couple of times with rcc told me that when he was cruising, you could'nt sneeze without a member of staff waiting with a hanky when you opened your eyes. I know that this is not the case anymore.

I think this is the thing, We have never cruised before either so i presume we will find everything amazing when we go. I can understand however why those of you who have cruised many times will find things slipping down the pan. A friend of mine who has cruised a couple of times with rcc told me that when he was cruising, you could'nt sneeze without a member of staff waiting with a hanky when you opened your eyes. I know that this is not the case anymore.

I 100% agree.. we have only cruised once before with RCI and even we have noticed the changes.. our first cruise was WOW.. this one was SO-SO! We made friends with a lovely couple on our cruise and it was their first and they were so fed up with everyone moaning because they were loving it.

I and many other passengers had to physically slide the doors open with our hands but this is no good for the infirm or elderly.

Does seem like they have put Lipstick on a pig hopefully they will fix these problems in time.

I did that on a ship and lost my fingernail, I don't do that anymore!!!:eek:

I wonder if RCL are hearing all this😯

If they read these threads and posts we would have nothing to suggest or complain about:D..........doubt they read them unless it is a SUPER HOT thread!!

The Host may pass on hot topics though?

Otherwise, I think it is just us chattering to ourselves......