Double the Fun Tours Review

Shva

My husband and I had a great tour of both sides of the island by Jose Jean, with Double the Fun Tours. He's been a guide with one of the major companies for awhile but last year went out on his own and gave us our favorite tour of all the islands we visited on our cruise last week.

I initially found him on Trip Advisor and although he only had a few reviews, all of them were great! I really liked the itinerary he proposed visiting Orient Beach, Marigot and Maho so I decided to take a chance and make a reservation. He called me right after receiving my email to ask what we wanted to see and what we wanted to drink! My kind of tour guide! We very easily found Jose the morning of our tour exactly where he said he would be and we set off with two other couples and a well stocked cooler in his very nice and comfortable black Lincoln Navigator (seats a maximum of six).

Jose was personable, funny and very entertaining. We were all very comfortable with him and he told us he was giving us the tour he would give his own family. He asked what we were interested in and tailored the tour to us (history, beaches, nature, tourism, island news and current events, etc.). He said we could spend as much time as we wanted touring since we were his only tour that day. We never felt rushed as we stopped at a few overlooks and beachside pull-offs and got a great sense of the island based on his entertaining stories. We spent about an hour at Orient Beach, about an hour and a half at Marigot where we had lunch in the local lolos (he gave us some great suggestions of where to go) and about an hour at Maho Beach. He let us set the schedule and we all agreed on the times that we wanted to allot at each stop.

We really enjoyed our day with Jose and would highly recommend him to anyone visiting the island at a resort or off a cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I had a great tour of both sides of the island by Jose Jean, with Double the Fun Tours. He's been a guide with one of the major companies for awhile but last year went out on his own and gave us our favorite tour of all the islands we visited on our cruise last week.

I initially found him on Trip Advisor and although he only had a few reviews, all of them were great! I really liked the itinerary he proposed visiting Orient Beach, Marigot and Maho so I decided to take a chance and make a reservation. He called me right after receiving my email to ask what we wanted to see and what we wanted to drink! My kind of tour guide! We very easily found Jose the morning of our tour exactly where he said he would be and we set off with two other couples and a well stocked cooler in his very nice and comfortable black Lincoln Navigator (seats a maximum of six).

Jose was personable, funny and very entertaining. We were all very comfortable with him and he told us he was giving us the tour he would give his own family. He asked what we were interested in and tailored the tour to us (history, beaches, nature, tourism, island news and current events, etc.). He said we could spend as much time as we wanted touring since we were his only tour that day. We never felt rushed as we stopped at a few overlooks and beachside pull-offs and got a great sense of the island based on his entertaining stories. We spent about an hour at Orient Beach, about an hour and a half at Marigot where we had lunch in the local lolos (he gave us some great suggestions of where to go) and about an hour at Maho Beach. He let us set the schedule and we all agreed on the times that we wanted to allot at each stop.

We really enjoyed our day with Jose and would highly recommend him to anyone visiting the island at a resort or off a cruise.

Hi,

I sent a tour request via his website twice, and have had no response. is it better to call, or do you happen to have a direct email for Double The Fun by chance?

Thanks.

:)

Hi,

I sent a tour request via his website twice, and have had no response. is it better to call, or do you happen to have a direct email for Double The Fun by chance?

Thanks.

:)

Let me know if or how you contacted him. It seems like a good tour.

Edited by BcIcemen

Jose called after I sent a request after visiting the website. There are five of us, so we will be getting a private tour for just under $250. Glad he is willing to be flexible, as we are more interested in Marigot and Maho Beach.