Any July 4th celebration on board?

Vitamin_Sea

We will be aboard the Splendor and wondering what usually happens on the 4th.

That will be a Nassau port day actually

I think they throw the beads at people and have music, dancing. Not sure

THanks

Edited by limoguy1

I was wondering the same thing. We are also sailing on the Splendor that week. We were on NCL Spirit a couple of years ago for the 4th of July and they had a big party and show by the main pool. They had Karaoke that night above the pool and my daughter sang the National Anthem and got a great round of applause.

It will be interesting to see if the Splendor has anything special planned.

Alan

We've sailed over July 4 a number of times and are sailing on Breeze's July 4 sailing this year. No fireworks - Carnival does not have a permit for them. You need to sail on Disney for fireworks. However, on all our July 4 cruises (well, except Europe in 2013 - but that was different) they've had some type of July 4 activity. In recent years I've seen deck parties and trivia contests (I won that one on Pride in 2012:D).

If you are sailing on the 4th and are in sight of land at night, you may be able to see some fireworks. In 2010 we sailed Pride's July 4 cruise and saw fireworks all along the Chesapeake.:cool:

Edited by nybumpkin

We cruise for the 4th of July Holiday every other year, we have been on the Legend and the Sunshine and will be on the Valor in 2016. They always have a big party by the pool with favors. The Sunshine put up a HIGE american flag in the atrium. If I remember correctly, they even sang some patriotic songs in the MDR. We always take beads, light up bracelets, boingy headband things and share them at the party. Many people dress in Red White and Blue. Have fun!

I've heard Disney is the only cruise lines that do fireworks.:D

• 1 month later...

Found this thread while searching to see if there will be fireworks on our Pride cruise - first cruise for our young grandsons. We'll live without them.

Note: Disney isn't the only cruise line with fireworks. We enjoyed a great fireworks show on our March 2015 cruise on the NCL Breakaway. FWIW, the price for our balcony was the same.

Yes!! And a Disney cruise is 2-3 times more then Carnival!

They can keep the dang fireworks and crazy high prices.:eek:

The Disney Dream had the best deck party I have attended in about 25 cruises- music, dancing, fireworks and theater all rolled into a 1 1/2 hour adrenaline party.

Dream had the largest balcony cabin and most comfortable bed I've slept in across 6 cruise lines.

With the food being the best - baby lamb chops, jumbo ship, king crab legs just for starters on the sail away lunch, it was indeed well worth it.

THanks

Don't know about your sailing, but it would be great on the Miracle 4th July sailing to Mexico from Los Angeles if we are within sight of shore as we steam south in the evening... Zillions of fireworks being blasted between Los Angeles and San Diego along the coastlines.

Edited by eponym

THanks

We are on that sailing too, and we were wondering the same thing:D