Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

Interesting how the Royal Caribbean cards never seem to sell out.

Cuz they are not gift cards, they are gift certificates. You would need to purchase enough prior to booking a RCI cruise. Most people dont pay in full at booking.

Its actually because the rules are different as to what you can use the cards for on Royal. It has to be a new booking only, you can't apply it to an existing booking, or to on board credit or anything else.

I sail both Carnival and Royal, but I would NEVER use points for the Royal gift cards...its just not as good a deal as the Carnival cards!

They are certificates for one thing. Not gift cards. And they last forever because of the 14 or so bullet-list of restrictions, which has also been discussed on here many times. If I sailed Royal, I wouldn't even bother with their lousy restrictive gift certificates. They have to be mailed in, etc. Carmival's are way better, which is why they go so fast!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

If you book your air thru carnival you can use the cards on that too. Last cruise to europe carnival was $400 cheaper than booking elsewhere plus i got the 10% off, credit card perks and in return bought more cards.

Wow! That's good to know! I just wish Carnival had more European sailings.

Wow! That's good to know! I just wish Carnival had more European sailings.

Best of all is you dont pay for the flight till final payment day and if you cancel or move your booking there are no cancellation fees on the flight. Its for US flights to not just europe

Best of all is you dont pay for the flight till final payment day and if you cancel or move your booking there are no cancellation fees on the flight. Its for US flights to not just europe

Hey! That is a good deal! I'm sailing out of Galveston next September...I will have to look into that! Thanks so much for the info.

Wow. sorry.

Wow. Some people don't want to look through 100+ pages to find the answer when all they have to do is ask. Pretty rude/unnecessary post when you were asking a simple question. It took longer for them to post that than to answer the question haha.

Wow. Some people don't want to look through 100+ pages to find the answer when all they have to do is ask. Pretty rude/unnecessary post when you were asking a simple question. It took longer for them to post that than to answer the question haha.

5 pages ago we went thru this same exact topic. And i can bet within another 5 someone will ask again.

It can also be googled it explains in great detail where on the site they are. Some take it as rude and ill take it as others being lazy. I wish my world would be handed to me as some expect theres to be.

Its actually because the rules are different as to what you can use the cards for on Royal. It has to be a new booking only, you can't apply it to an existing booking, or to on board credit or anything else.

I sail both Carnival and Royal, but I would NEVER use points for the Royal gift cards...its just not as good a deal as the Carnival cards!

We used the Royal Caribbean certificates on our Oasis of the Seas cruise last October and it was an existing cruise. I called customer service first before purchasing the certificates and they confirmed that we could use them on an existing booking but they are more of a pain in the rear because they have to be mailed in. Carnival's gift cards are much more user friendly but we were able to save 10% on the balance of an existing RCCL cruise.

5 pages ago we went thru this same exact topic. And i can bet within another 5 someone will ask again.

It can also be googled it explains in great detail where on the site they are. Some take it as rude and ill take it as others being lazy. I wish my world would be handed to me as some expect theres to be.

Agreed. All you have to do is open the thread, go to search button. On the tapatalk app you hit the magnifying glass. On the desktop page you click on search thread. Then type in a few words of your question and you'll see a ton of the same question and replies. Nobody is suggesting you sift through pages and pages. Just take a minute and search. Every single time it's the same questions. Easier than waiting for a reply and quicker than starting your own new thread.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That and as fast as these cards sell out by the time you search through the 100 pages looking to see if there is an answer already in here the cards are sold out. Just tell them so they can get the cards before they sell out.

That and as fast as these cards sell out by the time you search through the 100 pages looking to see if there is an answer already in here the cards are sold out. Just tell them so they can get the cards before they sell out.

Or if you are already subscribed to this thread you should of already be prepared to know where and how to purchase them SINCE they sell out so quickly.

Well I know if I see someone innocently asking a repeat question, I try to get on there and answer right away before they get "flamed". It's not a big deal and it takes a long time to search for things on here. It's not as easy as it sounds and sometimes you have to go through tons of answers to find the right one. I say just chill and pass over the question if you don't want to answer it.

Well I know if I see someone innocently asking a repeat question, I try to get on there and answer right away before they get "flamed". It's not a big deal and it takes a long time to search for things on here. It's not as easy as it sounds and sometimes you have to go through tons of answers to find the right one. I say just chill and pass over the question if you don't want to answer it.

Thank you. I agree wholeheartedly. I've been reading about everyone getting the AARP discounted cards and was finally ready to try it myself, but had a couple questions. After seeing how bent out of shape people were getting in this thread, I asked in another, smaller thread that still had current posts. No complaints over there, just helpful people who answered my questions without any of the snarky comments.

No, it's not because I'm too lazy to read a large thread. I've read plenty of them to get more information. It's just easier to ask instead of digging through a 100+ page thread or trying to use thread search for an answer to a question that isn't easily searchable. If you don't want to answer a repeat question, instead of attacking them for asking it, just pass it over. I think it's much worse to treat people like that than it is to ask a question that's already been answered. But such is the ways of internet forums. :rolleyes:

after 104 pages on this topic, has anyone pieced together a roundabout time frame of how often they do them?

It's not scientific but I've noticed that it's usually early in the day, and quite often on Fridays! I'm looking for some more so I'll be checking first thing tomorrow hoping to snatch a few!

The information on the aarp gift cards is on dozens of threads on this forum (there is a search feature on the forum menu under "Carnival". The original purpose of this thread was for someone to post when they became available and it was much more helpful. Now we get notifications several times a day and the majority are not posting about card availability! Not trying to flame anyone...just thinking we need to get back to being a notification thread and look elsewhere for the info!