New to cruising

Hi I've booked a cruise for jan 2016 leaving from Barcelona on the Epic. Just a few questions if like to ask all you more experienced cruisers.

Do I tip using dollars or euros?

Am I right in saying the blue man group will no longer be onboard?

How much do I have to pay daily for gratuities per person? And would I have to pay gratuities for my 2 year old?

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks in advance guys :-)

Hi there

I'm also new to cruising so others can answer your questions better than I! I can tell you though that Blue Man Group is being replaced by Priscilla Queen of the Desert.

What date are you sailing? I'm on the Jan 3rd cruise on Epic. Make sure to come and join our roll call if you're on the same one!

[quote name='aberdare_chick']Hi I've booked a cruise for jan 2016 leaving from Barcelona on the Epic. Just a few questions if like to ask all you more experienced cruisers.

Do I tip using dollars or euros? [COLOR=Red]Either but the crew can easilt spend Euro ashore so just do that.[/COLOR]

Am I right in saying the blue man group will no longer be onboard? [COLOR=Red]Yes[/COLOR]

How much do I have to pay daily for gratuities per person? And would I have to pay gratuities for my 2 year old? [COLOR=Red]$12.95 added to your onboard account. The kiddie is under 3 so free[/COLOR]

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks in advance guys :-)[/quote]

I shot past Aberdare yesterday on my way to Port Talbot.That was filler - you have put something below the quote LOL. I answered the questions in [COLOR=Red]RED[/COLOR] Also if you pay the gratuities via your account you don't need to tip anything in cash Edited by mypleasure

Based on your questions, I will offer a suggestion.

Scroll down through postings from the past week or two. You will find answers to other questions you had not even thought of.

Enjoy.

Oh yea.. try to do an extra day in Barcelona.

[quote name='mypleasure']I shot past Aberdare yesterday on my way to Port Talbot.That was filler - you have put something below the quote LOL. I answered the questions in [COLOR=Red]RED[/COLOR] Also if you pay the gratuities via your account you don't need to tip anything in cash[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply - what a small world hey?!

[quote name='garycarla']Based on your questions, I will offer a suggestion.

Scroll down through postings from the past week or two. You will find answers to other questions you had not even thought of.

Enjoy.

Oh yea.. try to do an extra day in Barcelona.[/QUOTE]

I will do. We have a flight booked for early in the morning to Barcelona so won't be able to do the extra day unfortunately. Although I've been to Barcelona a few times