Villefranche port

Hi, we will be at villefranche port between 7am and 17.00, what would you choose to do?, nice, Monte Carlo or eze village?, and how easy to get to these places? Thanks

How about finding a free wifi hotspot and going on cruise critics and post loads of threads on port stops without any information on what cruise ship and when travelling, so it fills up the time line.

Oh, too late, you have already done that.

How about finding a free wifi hotspot and going on cruise critics and post loads of threads on port stops without any information on what cruise ship and when travelling, so it fills up the time line.

Oh, too late, you have already done that.

How about not repeating yourself - not very helpful are you?

Hi, we will be at villefranche port between 7am and 17.00, what would you choose to do?, nice, Monte Carlo or eze village?, and how easy to get to these places? Thanks

We had another 'easy day' here; had a wander around; quaint French town & spent some time at the beach. Cafés & restaurants were expensive here & cheaper to buy your bottled water on the ship!

We also just wandered round here and thought it a lovely place - we also did a short trip on the road train first just to get a feel of the place.

If you really want to go further afield it is an easy train ride - the station is about a 10 minute walk from where the tender drops you off - simply turn right and walk along the front and the train station is slightly elevated at the far end of the village.

I also had a lazy day here - its a good seaside resort to wander around.

I've been on holiday in Nice before and caught the train to Monaco, which was fairly quick and wasn't too expensive. As someone else mentioned to station is easy to get to in Villefranche.

If you are going to travel I'd recommend Monaco more than Nice.

We went to Monaco. It's very easy to DIY. The train station is just to the left as you get off the shuttle. There are a lot of trains so no need to check timetables just turn up and go. We also had time to look around the port when we got back.

Thank you all for taking the time to rely, this port seems a nice easy DIY port, so happy to take a train to Monaco , then if have time a wander round villefranche afterwards

Also agree Villefranche is lovely - we spent a day there and enjoyed it. As happy v said the train to Monaco is easy - turn right from the tender point -the station is at a higher level from the promenade area but only about a 5 minute walk.

Another option, if you happen to like gardens, is the Villa Ephrussi which is lovely - about a 30 minute walk from Villefranche along Cap Ferrat with fabulous views over the bay where you will see your ship anchored.

Also agree Villefranche is lovely - we spent a day there and enjoyed it. As happy v said the train to Monaco is easy - turn right from the tender point -the station is at a higher level from the promenade area but only about a 5 minute walk.

Another option, if you happen to like gardens, is the Villa Ephrussi which is lovely - about a 30 minute walk from Villefranche along Cap Ferrat with fabulous views over the bay where you will see your ship anchored.

We still need you even when you are on holiday!:)

I woke up this morning and the first thought in my head was, "I'm sure I said to turn left, when it is right." I've come to check and now see I said shuttle instead of tender too. I really don't know where my brains were yesterday.:o:eek:

Hope you're having a fabulous time, V.