Taking the Crown to AK, have misc questions

ididrtmhonest

We will be on a 7 day cruise, leaving on June 13. This is our first cruise and I haven't been able to find answers to all my questions, despite CC being such a wonderful resource.

I haven't been able to find the price list for all the various wonderful-sounding spa services. I hope it isn't like calories in a desert - if you have to ask, you can't have it. I have been picking up extra hours at work to cover my extras on this cruise so I don't want to be caught short. I would ideally like to include my daughter for a facial or something too. Can anyone give me a ballpark for an hour-long massage? I know you can use the cruise personalized to book services but I have gone 3 or 4 clicks in and still haven't seen prices. I don't like buying blind!

I am still trying to decide which clothes to pack for both the excursions and on the ship. I know we need good rain coats and layers for the excursions. What is the temperature regulation like in the inside cabins and in the public areas?

Can you purchase the all-inclusive drink package for only part of the week? We will be celebrating an anniversary and I could see us getting our money's worth that day but probably not the other days.

Thanks in advance for advice and information.

We will be on a 7 day cruise, leaving on June 13. This is our first cruise and I haven't been able to find answers to all my questions, despite CC being such a wonderful resource.

I haven't been able to find the price list for all the various wonderful-sounding spa services. I hope it isn't like calories in a desert - if you have to ask, you can't have it. I have been picking up extra hours at work to cover my extras on this cruise so I don't want to be caught short. I would ideally like to include my daughter for a facial or something too. Can anyone give me a ballpark for an hour-long massage? I know you can use the cruise personalized to book services but I have gone 3 or 4 clicks in and still haven't seen prices. I don't like buying blind!

I am still trying to decide which clothes to pack for both the excursions and on the ship. I know we need good rain coats and layers for the excursions. What is the temperature regulation like in the inside cabins and in the public areas?

Can you purchase the all-inclusive drink package for only part of the week? We will be celebrating an anniversary and I could see us getting our money's worth that day but probably not the other days.

Have you logged into the Princess website cruise personalizer?? The SPA prices for your cruise are listed there? They are not blind.

The AI drink package is per person and must be purchased for the entire cruise, it is not pro ratable.

Weather can change in an instant in Alaska, one minute cold next minute warm.

Room temps are pretty good in cabins via the thermostat. If there is an issue then call the passenger services desk and request maintenance

There are normally some lower prices offered on board for port days as well as in the 5pm to 8pm time period. There will be Spa personnel at small tables around the ship that you can speak with. This past March on the Star a standard 1 hour Swedish Massage at the reduced rate was $114 including the grat. which was added automatically. Bookings for peak sea day times fill up quickly, and the cost is about 25% more.

Lots of layers for outdoors. Can be hot, cool, cold, raining, anything. Bring a light sweater/sweatshirt/jacket for indoor wear. The air conditioner can be chilly in the DR's, lounges and the theater.

As stated full 7 days only, $394.45pp for a 7 day cruise.

See above.

My daughter and I will be on that cruise. We have sailed Princess before (really like them) but not Alaska. The above advice sounds solid. You can follow weather forecasts, not promises, on weather underground or any number of web sites. As mentioned, layering seems to be the key, ending with a waterproof layer. My cruising goal is to pack as little as possible, so I'm trying to be sure that most garments will give me multiple uses. My dd, on the other hand, is a notorious overpacker. Cabin temps were easily regulated by us, but some public venues were a bit cool. A light sweater remedied that. I am getting very excited and doing "little" things to prepare, such as waterproofing my sneakers/light hikers today. See you on board!

Yes, on the Personalizer, choose what service you want and click "Select" and the price will be revealed. Do be aware that you don't have to pay until the end of the cruise.

Yes, on the Personalizer, choose what service you want and click "Select" and the price will be revealed. Do be aware that you don't have to pay until the end of the cruise.

Simply selecting it does not book it so you can go forward and book or back out if you decide it is not what you want for that price.

i know it gets old to answer the same questions repeatedly, so I promise I try to do at least a little searching first. I think I did run across the answer to the drink package question shortly after posting, but not the other questions.

Regarding the drink package, somebody went above and beyond and created a spreadsheet to evaluate your options - search for "evaluator". I also read one person's advice to wait until the first full day to order package but I don't understand why if it has to be purchased for the entire cruise.

I really appreciate the low down on cabin and venue temperatures. I hate sleeping in warm, stuffy rooms and I am concerned that the inside cabin won't have enough ventilation.

We booked our excursions yesterday and went a little crazy so I have to watch my P's and Q's. I have run completely through the personalizer and was about 3 clicks deep into the spa services without seeing a price. I have seen price lists for all sorts of gifts, wine, and other goodies, I don't understand why one isn't available for the spa. Good to know there is a way to cancel. $115 for an hour massage is not that much more than the going rate at the fancy places, near where I live. Needless to say, I have to have a special reason to splurge. I think 30 years qualifies as special. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Click onboard services

Click Lotus Spa

Choose person for services, click reservations

Choose a date and a service category (massages are body services)

Select a treatment and you'll see the prices

You can select anything you want and just cancel what you don't want before the deadline. Some things allow you to cancel the week before, some things have a set deadline of so many days before (I know our shore excursions said they had to be canceled 30-60 days prior or we were locked in to them). This applies to anything on the site you can find (services, gift packages, etc).

Have fun looking at it all.

BTW, I'm on the week before you. We leave in 10 days!!!!

Edited by DFSquare
added info

Click onboard services

Click Lotus Spa

Choose person for services, click reservations

Choose a date and a service category (massages are body services)

Select a treatment and you'll see the prices

You can select anything you want and just cancel what you don't want before the deadline. Some things allow you to cancel the week before, some things have a set deadline of so many days before (I know our shore excursions said they had to be canceled 30-60 days prior or we were locked in to them). This applies to anything on the site you can find (services, gift packages, etc).

Have fun looking at it all.

BTW, I'm on the week before you. We leave in 10 days!!!!

Thanks for posting the sequence, I know they don't sell services without providing a price. ;)