Explorer of the seas - select drink package

The rules have changed regarding upgrading now.. only one can upgrade.. which is crazy really because they try and discourage sharing of drinks packages and that just totally encourages it but i am not complaining because (yes you can all strike me down and slap my wrists) but that's exactly what we did.

We got our Select packages and tips for free. My husband is upgrading to the Premium as soon as we arrive at the dock on 26 July. We've already worked out how we're going to work it between us! lol

We got our Select packages and tips for free. My husband is upgrading to the Premium as soon as we arrive at the dock on 26 July. We've already worked out how we're going to work it between us! lol

Sorry to be cheeky but I don't suppose you would share "how you're planning to work it" ..... I am toying with only upgrading 1 package but can't figure out how I can do it so its foolproof and for us both to be able to have a premium drink at the same time:D

I would hate to get caught and sent to the naughty corner:eek:

Kind regards

Meg:)

Meg we never really had a premium drink at the same time.. but if one of us fancied a spirit the other would just have a drink from the select package :)

But if you really want to then you would have to go up and get one drink and then go back up or to a different bar.. I would just take it in turns like we did :) To be honest it worked well because hubby would always drink beer at dinner so i always had spirits or nicer wine and then in the evening i would be happy with the basic sparkling on the select drinks package and then he would have spirits :)

But if you both want to drink premiums easily at the same time then you will have to both upgrade :)

Looking to upgrade one drinks package from select to premium,

Am I right in saying it's £10 per day extra?

Worth doing on board or now or does it make no difference?

The difference should be USD 16.52 per day onboard.

Edited by clarea

Yes really.. only my husband upgraded in our cabin.. and in my mums cabin only my mum upgraded :)

Oh did you mean the rules had changed so now only one person has to upgrade not everyone in cabin, I thought you meant RCI were only allowing one person per cabin to upgrade!

In summer I will be upgrading as I like cocktails but husband probably wont as mainly drinks beer during day and as we are in suite can have 3 other drinks such as spirits in evening.

Looking to upgrade one drinks package from select to premium,

Am I right in saying it's £10 per day extra?

Worth doing on board or now or does it make no difference?

We paid $15 per day and rci wont let you upgrade until on board for some reason :) we did it before we got on the boat in the departure lounge :)

Sorry to be cheeky but I don't suppose you would share "how you're planning to work it" ..... I am toying with only upgrading 1 package but can't figure out how I can do it so its foolproof and for us both to be able to have a premium drink at the same time:D

I would hate to get caught and sent to the naughty corner:eek:

Kind regards

Meg:)

Hi Meg

We're doing it just like Icklepickle. Luckily we both like beer and wine so we're going to alternate for a Captain Morgans for him then a cocktail for me. We're the opposite at dinner - I like beer, he likes a short. I love trying the cocktails but couldn't drink them all night so I'm glad that you can now have just one person upgrade.

Hi Meg

We're doing it just like Icklepickle. Luckily we both like beer and wine so we're going to alternate for a Captain Morgans for him then a cocktail for me. We're the opposite at dinner - I like beer, he likes a short. I love trying the cocktails but couldn't drink them all night so I'm glad that you can now have just one person upgrade.

It worked perfectly for us too :) Frowned upon maybe but as long as they are not being used at the same time i dont see a problem.. its still only one prem drink per order :)