Room by the stairs?

8esther8

I'm looking at a cruise in which the only two rooms left in my category are right next to the stairs. I'm guessing that location is noisier, but will it be unbearable?

Which ship and what are the locations of the staterooms? It does matter. Crew stairs are not that noisy. Entry into a storage area much more noise especially with carts going over the threshold.

I'm looking at a cruise in which the only two rooms left in my category are right next to the stairs. I'm guessing that location is noisier, but will it be unbearable?

No you won't hear much. I always like to be by the elevators. Its pretty convenient

Which ship and what are the locations of the staterooms? It does matter. Crew stairs are not that noisy. Entry into a storage area much more noise especially with carts going over the threshold.

Conquest, room 7345 or 6393. Also looking at Vista 2377, which it looks like it is by itself with storage next to it, which based on your comment has me worried. :o Any thoughts?

No you won't hear much. I always like to be by the elevators. Its pretty convenient

I agree, we've been by the stairs and elevators several cruises and never hear anything. We do hear slamming doors, but that can be heard from any cabin.

I agree, we've been by the stairs and elevators several cruises and never hear anything. We do hear slamming doors, but that can be heard from any cabin.

The only noise I ever heard at the stairwells is from the crew vacuuming the stairs or people talking loudly. Never heard people walking/running up/down the stairs.

Conquest, room 7345 or 6393. Also looking at Vista 2377, which it looks like it is by itself with storage next to it, which based on your comment has me worried. :o Any thoughts?

If you are not booked in that storage area, why are you "worried:?

What about inside cabin 7260 on Valor??

Just got off the Valor and we were on the 8th floor. We could hear the music from the Atrium on the 5th floor in our room. Of course this was only on nights we were back to the room fairly early. Not bad enough to keep you awake though. You should be ok.:)

If you are not booked in that storage area, why are you "worried:?

We had such a cabin on the Inspiration. Never again. There was something in that storage area that kept knocking against our wall which kept waking us up. Then it sounded like someone was in the storage area with chains being knocked up and down the wall. We called our room steward but he did nothing. Worst cruise/ship in the fleet. We've learned our lesson of where and not to be on cruise ships. On our upcoming Panama Canal cruise our cabin is right by the elevators and stairwell, on the Caribe deck. Our biggest concern is what Princess is going to do with the Island as it's going through a big makeover.:eek: