Is UBP coming back

mrdrdoso

I want to book for jan the getaway and missed the time with the UBP and am waiting to see if it will return next month or so. Has anyone had a little birdy tell them something? As usual our bar bill was large :eek: and we are hoping it will come back around?

It was available for over four months in a row - altough FDR has done a lot of things I would not have believed to happen, I'd still say that UBP promo coming back anytime soon is unlikely.

[quote name='mrdrdoso']I want to book for jan the getaway and missed the time with the UBP and am waiting to see if it will return next month or so. Has anyone had a little birdy tell them something? As usual our bar bill was large :eek: and we are hoping it will come back around?[/quote]

It is still there for purchase. I would not expect it to reappear anytime soon as a free add on unless fares go up substantially.

[quote name='mrdrdoso'][quote name='vicocala']I believe it can still be booked thru the UK website.[/quote

link please, and stupid question i can book through that site if usa resident[/QUOTE]

ncl.co.uk
You will be booking in GBP and will have to pay the DSC up front as well as not getting upgrades/upsells.

[quote name='mrdrdoso'][quote name='vicocala']I believe it can still be booked thru the UK website.[/quote

link please, and stupid question i can book through that site if usa resident[/quote]

You can still book it in the US, it is just not included in the fare.

[quote name='Sauer-kraut'][quote name='mrdrdoso']

ncl.co.uk
You will be booking in GBP and will have to pay the DSC up front as well as not getting upgrades/upsells.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe this is true. When I look up prices right on the UK site, the disclosure text is as follows:

*All fares are capacity controlled, subject to availability and can be withdrawn at any time.
Fares include Government Taxes, Port Expenses & Fees and, except where indicated, are per person and based on a double occupancy of a stateroom unless solo traveler (1 passenger is selected). Overall average passenger price may be lower if 3rd to 8th passengers are travelling in the stateroom.
[B]Fares exclude[/B] travel insurance, drinks, hotel meals, shore excursions, UK regional flights, personal expenses, cover charge on selected services, [B]discretionary daily service charges payable on board or in advance, auto gratuity charges payable on board & any other item not expressly included in the fare.[/B]

I don't believe this is true. When I look up prices right on the UK site, the disclosure text is as follows:

*All fares are capacity controlled, subject to availability and can be withdrawn at any time.

Fares include Government Taxes, Port Expenses & Fees and, except where indicated, are per person and based on a double occupancy of a stateroom unless solo traveler (1 passenger is selected). Overall average passenger price may be lower if 3rd to 8th passengers are travelling in the stateroom.

Fares exclude travel insurance, drinks, hotel meals, shore excursions, UK regional flights, personal expenses, cover charge on selected services, discretionary daily service charges payable on board or in advance, auto gratuity charges payable on board & any other item not expressly included in the fare.

I saw that and i am not comfortable with that, so as much as i want the perk of the UBP I will book through my TA, I appreciate everyones input and if you hear of that promo coming back let me know:D

Sorry I didn't get back earlier but others jumped in and helped. As for that bolded statement it only means it isn't part of the fare. That is true here in the USA as well, it is additional.

If you don't feel comfortable I can understand and I don't know if your CC would charge you transaction fees for exchanging currencies. Mine does not.

Please enjoy whatever you end up doing!