Mein schiff 1

Docked behind her ex big sister celebrity eclipse at 102 ber th she looked the perfect size to fit in to the Thomson brand , lets face it she will go to the near or far east ,why because thats TUI one in Barbados one in Jamaica lets be positive :D

Docked behind her ex big sister celebrity eclipse at 102 ber th she looked the perfect size to fit in to the Thomson brand , lets face it she will go to the near or far east ,why because thats TUI one in Barbados one in Jamaica lets be positive :D

The issue for us is that the Eclipse is the sort of ship we NOW expect from cruising and the Mein Schiff is what we expected 20 years ago when Celebrity started. That says it all to me re the vision for Thomson / TUI.

When a cruise line gets a new ship it is supposed to be at the cutting edge --- not a ship that was once the cutting edge say 20 yrs ago.

If TUI was short of cash I would understand, but TUI can spend on the German market and not the UK one. That can't be right....... sorry.

The issue for us is that the Eclipse is the sort of ship we NOW expect from cruising and the Mein Schiff is what we expected 20 years ago when Celebrity started. That says it all to me re the vision for Thomson / TUI.

When a cruise line gets a new ship it is supposed to be at the cutting edge --- not a ship that was once the cutting edge say 20 yrs ago.

If TUI was short of cash I would understand, but TUI can spend on the German market and not the UK one. That can't be right....... sorry.

Quite agree Presto! Why should we have German cast-offs while they get brand new ships!

Quite agree Presto! Why should we have German cast-offs while they get brand new ships!

Thanks for that -- I sometimes feel wrong posting on here as we have yet to sail with Thomson and wait to be 'flamed'.

Re the ships - I guess, if you go on to Celebrity's site CC members will give you more ideas about the ships. To be fair, I bet you will find people on there that loved them once upon a time like some P&O people love Oceana and Oriana now.

Never mind, one day you may get the Silhouette or Eclipse ----------- :D

Trouble is that Tui/ Thomson still charge 21st century prices for their 1980/90 ships. Maybe that's why many Thomson regulars are defecting to other cruise lines?

That's so true.

We like Thomson for the staff and the entertainment, but other lines offer better ships and better food.

The entertainment we had on our last P&O was really good, the showteam were good and there was so much more variety than just one comedian a week.

Plenty of defectors on this forum. Although I bet many (like me) would not discount going back.

That's so true.

We like Thomson for the staff and the entertainment, but other lines offer better ships and better food.

The entertainment we had on our last P&O was really good, the showteam were good and there was so much more variety than just one comedian a week.

Plenty of defectors on this forum. Although I bet many (like me) would not discount going back.

In a nutshell Joe! ;)

As you know, I was on the Oceana at the same time as Joe. We thought the entertainment was very good and as Joe says lots of variety.

Personally, I think Thomson would be better doing 4 or 5 shows a week and having guests the other nights.

I know Thomson are famed for their production shows, but to be honest when you have been on a few cruises with them, they can get a bit stale. If I see Skool's Out again, I shall scream. We have decided we shall probably not go every night to the theatre when we are on the Majesty next time (two weeks today :D:D)but try the Royal Fireworks for quizzes and a band or go up to the Royal Observatory and chill out with the pianist/violinist.

I think that I would rather see 4 good original shows a week, than 6 ones I had seen several times before. I could watch Africa over and over again, but sadly, they seem to have dropped that :(

We think Africa is the best Thomson show too. I think Richard was taking the afternoon play to the majesty, he mentioned last year on the spirit that it was going to be introduced on other ships from this summer. There is always the fantastic muzik unlimited as well, we could listen to them all night.

One of the Mein Schiff ships was beside the majesty today in Corfu. What a monstrosity - a floating block of flats. Good news Linda - guess what one of the shows was this week/.... Africa! Yes Richard announced it had been resting for a few years but had now returned. Fantastic! A new show to us was "a trip round the USA" or a name like that. it featured songs from state to state and we enjoyed that. There was the Lloyd Webber show but new songs this time. I will be putting up a review of the Majesty maybe tomorrow.

We think Africa is the best Thomson show too. I think Richard was taking the afternoon play to the majesty, he mentioned last year on the spirit that it was going to be introduced on other ships from this summer. There is always the fantastic muzik unlimited as well, we could listen to them all night.

I have seen an afternoon play on Majesty in 2013 on sea day round the Canaries.

One of the Mein Schiff ships was beside the majesty today in Corfu. What a monstrosity - a floating block of flats. Good news Linda - guess what one of the shows was this week/.... Africa! Yes Richard announced it had been resting for a few years but had now returned. Fantastic! A new show to us was "a trip round the USA" or a name like that. it featured songs from state to state and we enjoyed that. There was the Lloyd Webber show but new songs this time. I will be putting up a review of the Majesty maybe tomorrow.

That is great news, I shall look forward to seeing that. Hope they are doing it every week, or we might miss it!

We enjoyed Richard's plays in the afternoon on Spirit last year. Just wondering who will be on Spirit when we go on Black Sea Explorer and Undiscovered Aegean on 7 September.

It's Katie Ickringill at the moment Gill. Not sure if she will still be on when you go.

It's Katie Ickringill at the moment Gill. Not sure if she will still be on when you go.

First met Katie when she was assistant on Dream in the Caribbean and we were on a catamaran with her getting soaked sitting on the front - great fun. Met her again on Majesty when she moved to CD and came back from a port with her and a lot of the show folk singing rugby and other songs bouncing back to the ship.