Just off the Liberty 10 day sailing May 6th to 16th

We will be sailing Liberty in September. It's our third time on her and we are happy D+ C&A members, so we have seen the solarium pool situation first hand. However, never at 7 am. We, too, enjoy getting up early and getting a nice pool seat (we don't chair hog, or save and leave, we sit, swim, and read - oh and maybe have a mudslide or two). I am just wondering if there was a very large crowd doing this or individuals? And did you see a pool attendant and let them know. We sailed Oasis last month and every morning there was a pool attendant with a clipboard timing the vacant seats. I will say that if by 7 am all the seats were being reserved with no bodies in them I would be more than disappointed!

What is available on Liberty at breakfast for D+ members? On Brilliance we went to Chops. Thanks

What is available on Liberty at breakfast for D+ members? On Brilliance we went to Chops. Thanks

One of Chops or Portofino (can't remember which) had made to order breakfast for gold card holders. I don't recall if there was anything specifically for D+.

Edited by clarea

We will be sailing Liberty in September. It's our third time on her and we are happy D+ C&A members, so we have seen the solarium pool situation first hand. However, never at 7 am. We, too, enjoy getting up early and getting a nice pool seat (we don't chair hog, or save and leave, we sit, swim, and read - oh and maybe have a mudslide or two). I am just wondering if there was a very large crowd doing this or individuals? And did you see a pool attendant and let them know. We sailed Oasis last month and every morning there was a pool attendant with a clipboard timing the vacant seats. I will say that if by 7 am all the seats were being reserved with no bodies in them I would be more than disappointed!

I never saw this at 7am cause that's when I go up. I always make nice with the attendant...I have my own towel... I go in the pool get out, get back in

I have been on a Cruise Critic since it was on AOL and "chair hogs" have always been a problem.

I wish the cruise lines would give each guest a "chair tag" . This would not alleviate the people grabbing chairs at 7am but at least each hog would only get 1 chair to use.

Barb

But before the 'AOL' days, way back in the 'ocean liner' days, deck chairs were specifically reserved, hence no problems....perhaps they should go back to that system?:)

The cruise director Luke was great. We bumped into him on the elevator and everyone in the elevator were cracking up by the time we got off. He keeps the action going all cruise long.:D

Agreed! Luke had a great personality. Really enjoyed his daily 'late night/early morning show' on the telly. He was the quizmaster that the progressive trivia fans 'loved to hate', due to his trick questions and ribbing...:p

And agree about seeing him out and about the ship...always seemed to be 'on'...and genuinely enjoying his job...not just coming out to introduce shows, like some other CD's I've sailed with...:)

IMHO the Main Dining room food was not up to par. .

I agree with that, too.

My biggest disappointment was with the quality of the different steaks served.

To me, they were what you would get in a low-cost cafeteria type restaurant, not an elegant dining room like the Rembrandt.

While I did not expect a prime, aged, cut, like one might be served in the extra fare 'Chops' restaurant, I was hoping for something better than what was served. And I did indeed get that in December in 'The Grande' MDR aboard the Quantum OTS.

So that to me was what should have been 'par'.....

I don't know if my situation will hold true on LOS, but on NOS the pool stewards had rolled up towels and placed one on every chair. Perhaps that is what the OP saw at 7 am?