Is the Shuttle & Day Pass to Paradise Cove Beach Resort, Freeport, a good idea?

D+D

We’re looking primarily for a nice beach with good beach-accessible snorkeling (we have our own gear). Paradise Cove says that it has direct access to Deadman's Reef right off the beach. Any Opinions, Pros & Cons about booking their beach transportation shuttle from the Cruise Port, and purchasing their Day Pass? Speaking of which, does the $35 shuttle price INCLUDE the Day Pass? All that I can find on their website is shuttle reservations with checkoff boxes as to your Activity Selection with “pay on arrival.” Thanks

We r going here too. We r taking a taxi. $8 pp each way if u have a full taxi. I read that Paradise Cove only charges $3 entrance fee.

I'm pretty sure their $35 includes shuttle and entrance fee.

From my understanding the $35 pays for your transportation to and from the cove and snorkel gear, kayak or paddle board rental. There is suppose to be a discount if you bring your own snorkel gear. I am planning on doing this in September. Please post your review after your trips. Have a great time!

We r going here too. We r taking a taxi. $8 pp each way if u have a full taxi. I read that Paradise Cove only charges $3 entrance fee.

I'm pretty sure their $35 includes shuttle and entrance fee.

Please review on your return as we will on the Pride as well when we go to Freeport. Enjoy your trip!!

I have only done the full package, which included the transportation and entrance fee all in one booking straight with Paradise.

We did not have the "best" experience. I hope you have a better time than we did. The employees (mainly the bus driver) was very rude.

I have a complete review in my signature line that has tons of pictures included of our day there if you are interested. :)

Thanks for the replies

D+D

==========================================

Upcoming - July 2015 Carnival Pride “Eastern Caribbean”

2010-2013 time out for All-Inclusive “Land Cruises”

2009 RCI Explorer of the Seas “Exotic Caribbean”

2008 Carnival Victory “Bahamas”

2008 Norwegian Dawn “Bermuda”

2007 Norwegian Spirit “Overnight to Nowhere”

2007 Norwegian Majesty “Western Caribbean"

2006 Norwegian Spirit “Virgin Islands & Bermuda”

2004 Celebrity Horizon “Bermuda”

1997 Carnival Inspiration “Southern Caribbean”

Edited by D+D
Posted on wrong thread

We r just getting back.

I wanted to respond about the trip.

We had 3 in our party. We went to the taxi stand about 8:30. They told us to wait for more people. We had the option of going by ourselves in taxi for $40 pp round trip.

We waited about 20-30 min for more people to show up. That made it $16 pp round trip.

It took about 20 min to get there.

The downside... We all had to agree on a return time. Decided noon. Worked well.

$3 pp plus tax entry fee to snorkel. We have our own gear.

They gave a brief talk about not walking on coral or grass. I inquired about making a loop and he told us where to go. No problems.

We were out there 1 hr 45 min. We saw 2 large barracudas, 5 large stingrays, and all the normal fish. No turtles. Water clarity was good but not great.

It is a long snorkel.

Slippery entry area.

Doesn't beat West Bay Roatan or the dive shop in Grand Cayman, but well worth the time.

U9cf034576e79f840e37fc796f556d43a.jpg

We had a great time when we were there. 35$ included all transportation and snorkel equipment. They have a few lockers there to put your things if you would like for an extra charge. It is a bit of a swim to the reef but saw many many fish, some huge rays and plenty of beautiful reef. People were very helpful.