Question about booking FTTF

Bases5

It's not released yet for our January cruise. In fact, there are no excursions listed for the home port at all. We got our FTTF for our September cruise right after we booked it. It shows up available for that one (was looking for a friend). The criteria seems odd. Guess I'll keep checking!

When you looked every day to book was it there and said Sold Out or

was it not showing up at all.

Most cruises I have booked, FTTF shows as Sold Out

Our OCT cruise on the Valor from Port Canaveral it's not even offered.

You click on it and there is nothing.

has anyone else have this happen?

I'm platinum so no worries here but I have been looking for family members traveling with us

For our last cruise, we were able to get the FTTF as soon as it became available, and it was nearly 12 months in advance. So if I were you, I'd check every day. After we purchased the FTTF, we would periodically try to help some friends of ours keep an eye on the availability of the FTTF, but it always showed up as "No tickets available". Others on here may have had a different experience, but I just assumed that once you purchase it (it's one per cabin), it will show as unavailable after that.

Maybe it's the newer ships that are already $59.95?? Our experiences are so varying that I don't understand WHAT the criteria is!

There was another thread about this a month or so ago. I don't recall the exact details but I think the FTTF price recently went up for all cruises after a certain date (which I think was in June). I don't think it's based on the size of the ship. I think it depends on if you booked it before the increase.

I have been checking daily several times a day for our cruise on July 25, 2015. Today was the first time that it was available. I am wondering if they were waiting to release them until June 1st for the price increase. Doesn't matter, I bought it anyway!

Thank you for this thread.

So, is it correct that for me to look/find if the FTTF is available, I need to log in to my CCL site and then go under excursions under Miami since my cruise is leaving out of Miami?

Thank you so much!

So, is it correct that for me to look/find if the FTTF is available, I need to log in to my CCL site and then go under excursions under Miami since my cruise is leaving out of Miami?

Thank you so much!

That is correct. Best of luck to you in getting.

(Make sure to tell your friends I was helpful. Some see my replies as "snarky").

Thank you so much!

Yes. Click on it and it should say if it is available or not.

I tried to purchase FTTF SEVERAL times for a mid-June cruise. It showed sold out. I called CCL and they confirmed that it was sold out, but to keep checking because some people cancel their cruise and it goes back into inventory. I checked every day and was able to snag one for our cabin. I paid $59.95. I understand it is well worth the money. I will review it post- cruise. Point being, don't give up on FTTF. Keep checking cruise excursions from your port departure location and it might just be there. The CCL rep that I spoke with told me that only a limited number of FTTF tickets are sold, so that they can treat FTTP folks as VIP's. Looking forward to VIP treatment. We'll see.

I've been following several threads about buying FTTF, and don't see my particular situation mentioned. When I go on my booking, and attempt to purchase FTTF as one of the port excursions, it doesn't say "sold out". Instead, the FTTF excursion choice says "find a cruise" and tries to get me to book a new cruise! Is this their way of telling me it's sold out? And if I keep looking back, am I looking for that "find a cruise" button to change to "add to cart" or something to that effect? I'm afraid I'm just not looking at the right place!

Right now, when I click on Miami, which is my embarkation port. It just shows no excursions listed at all. I believe if FTTF is sold out it will be listed and when you click on it to buy it, it says "sold out". If they haven't released it for sale it doesn't show up at all.

Hi when we got our FTTF i rang carnival direct and they helped me go through with checking if there was any and helped with booking one.We never knew about then till a very kind critic cruise member told us about then. I cant wait to use it for our up coming cruise in September

I just started a new thread, but I was in the same position as the OP - - it didn't says sold out, it just didn't show up at all.

{short version} - It showed up on my phone no problem. Right NOW I can see it on my phone, but still can't see it on my computer. *shrug* After waiting months to purchase FTTF for my October cruise, I got it!

I just started a new thread, but I was in the same position as the OP - - it didn't says sold out, it just didn't show up at all.

{short version} - It showed up on my phone no problem. Right NOW I can see it on my phone, but still can't see it on my computer. *shrug* After waiting months to purchase FTTF for my October cruise, I got it!

On your phone!!?? OMG.

So, you mean you just went to the internet on your phone and went on Carnival site and then your reservation?

Thanks.

Don't know how true this is, but I noticed several people on other threads say FTTF appears to become available on Tuesdays. I had been checking daily since last Thursday and nothing. Then today...voila! It was there and only ONE left. I snagged it faster than D.C. could put up another speed camera! May be coincidence...maybe not....

[quote name='Bases5']When you looked every day to book was it there and said Sold Out or
was it not showing up at all.
Most cruises I have booked, FTTF shows as Sold Out
Our OCT cruise on the Valor from Port Canaveral it's not even offered.
You click on it and there is nothing.
has anyone else have this happen?
I'm platinum so no worries here but I have been looking for family members traveling with us[/quote]

It is not showing at all for our September 15th Cruise on the Legend either, if that helps...