Online specialty restaurant and Sanctuary reservations

HUNKY

I see that beverage packages and coffee cards can now be purchased in advance online. Do you think they will begin to offer precruise online specialty restaurant and Sanctuary reservations/purchases too?

I really did not like having to beeline to the Sanctuary on boarding to make our reservation for the week. (Although, thanks to the couple who decided not to book the awesome spots on Regal last December.)

I see that beverage packages and coffee cards can now be purchased in advance online. Do you think they will begin to offer precruise online specialty restaurant and Sanctuary reservations/purchases too?

I really did not like having to beeline to the Sanctuary on boarding to make our reservation for the week. (Although, thanks to the couple who decided not to book the awesome spots on Regal last December.)

I wish they would. I'd love to be able to book all our meals ahead of time and not have to deal with it on the ship. This is something Carnival provides by emailing them ahead of time. Edited by Nezmo

Boy I hope not! It works fine the way it is. There will be nothing/little left by the time one boards. :(

The specialty restaurants are bad enough on some nights with the free dinner they give away.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Colo - I agree that it hasn't been too difficult to make restaurant reservations onboard, but I think it would be a nice option to be able to reserve in advance.

Now if I could only get a one pound lobster tail with my filet mignon at the Crown Grill.

Now if I could only get a one pound lobster tail with my filet mignon at the Crown Grill.

That's the way the CG was intended and when they first opened one on the Crown they had the live lobster and 12 oz. tails with an upcharge ($9) for the first year then did away with them. If you wanted 2 so be it.

I had a few live Maine's split and grilled, and a few rock/Brazilian tails. They had them on display in the bar/kitchen area. It was excellent. :)

Colo - I agree that it hasn't been too difficult to make restaurant reservations onboard, but I think it would be a nice option to be able to reserve in advance.

As I recall on our most recent RCCL cruise (2 years ago) they made advance reservations however just like pre-booking tours they required payment in advance. And if canceling a specialty restaurant about a day in advance they charged a cancellation fee (25%). :eek:

For me the Princess system is better & only one time was unable to get a specialty restaurant reservation when we wanted to go. I understand that some like to pre-plan things (me included ;)) however I feel that the Princess system works best...it ain't "broke" so there's no need to "fix" it. :p

Edited by Astro Flyer