premium vista balcony vs, aft extended balcony

Wow! Huge difference. We went on the Liberty last year. Our sons got an Aft-Extended balcony room. My DW and I took the aft wrap Premium Vista room. Here are the comparisons as we saw them.

The aft balcony is great. Better than a traditional balcony because it is bigger and looks out straight on the wake of the ship. Great views. The lounge chairs could be easily laid out with room to spare. The room seemed typical of a Carnival room, but the balcony, where I like to live, has more elbow space and some lounge chairs/table.

The Premium Vista balcony was our dream room. The room was on the corner, so it was configured differently. It seemed about the same size as other typical rooms. HOWEVER, the balcony is about 40 feet long and wraps around the corner of the ship, allowing us views at the back and on the side of the ship. The balcony wasn't very deep. We had to put our lounge chairs a bit sideways so people could walk by them, but that was the only down side. We practically lived on that balcony and we were able to have our sons join us along with three of our friends that were cruising at the same time. The room steward got us some extra chairs. We could have had twenty people out there. Good news/bad news --- I'm now hooked. We've got another aft wrap room on the Conquest at New Year's this year. Can hardly wait.

The vista premium balconies (aka "aft wraps") also have two windows instead of just one. I don't know why, but I'm almost as excited about this feature as I am for the huge balcony, for our cruise in Nov of 2016. There's just something about the thought of waking up to an extra amount of Caribbean sunshine. [emoji41][emoji295]️

Not sure what ship you are considering, but this is a great video of the vista premium balcony room I have booked on the Glory:

I keep watching it over and over again! [emoji6]

And I should also add, that while on the Dream and Conquest-class ships the vista premium rooms are just single rooms, on the older ships they are actual suites with multiple rooms. Not sure if it's the Fantasy or Spirit-class ships though. ETA: it's the Spirit-class ships that have the corner aft suites.

Edited by bakersdozen12

Personally I will go with the aft extended. I just don't think the Vistas are worth the money. I have had 2 aft extended and 1 Vista and unless I can get a great price on the Vistas, I will choose the aft extended all the time.

We've had both, liked both and if the price isn't too much more would pick the aft wrap every time.

The wrap balcony is HUGE! On one cruise we hosted a group of 9 on the balcony for sail-away-we all fit with room to spare. We also had 2 young kids who needed to RUN around. The af wrap was a prefect place for that.

When we cruise just dh and I, the wrap is not worth it imho.

Edited by Lerin

Just be careful with ext afts. The ext afts on Empress Deck on Breeze and Sunshine, next to the wraps, are way smaller than the other ext afts. I don't know how many of these ext afts are missing the sofa area and coffee table, also the tv is mounted over the bed with no way to watch except from the foot of the bed. I had the small ext aft on the Breeze and it felt claustrophobic. When I booked the Sunshine I called a PVP that told me that Deck 7 ext afts next to the wraps also had the small configuration. I think I will start on new thread on these smaller cabins. You pay a premium price and you don't know about the size of the cabin until you get on board. All 8M's are not the same. Call Carnival and ask for the cabin configuration before you book!

The vista premium balconies (aka "aft wraps") also have two windows instead of just one. I don't know why, but I'm almost as excited about this feature as I am for the huge balcony, for our cruise in Nov of 2016. There's just something about the thought of waking up to an extra amount of Caribbean sunshine. [emoji41][emoji295]️

Not sure what ship you are considering, but this is a great video of the vista premium balcony room I have booked on the Glory:

I keep watching it over and over again! [emoji6]

And I should also add, that while on the Dream and Conquest-class ships the vista premium rooms are just single rooms, on the older ships they are actual suites with multiple rooms. Not sure if it's the Fantasy or Spirit-class ships though. ETA: it's the Spirit-class ships that have the corner aft suites.

i stayed in 6483 on the glory and it was great. you will definitely enjoy it. obviously it had a great balcony. i also liked the layout of the room it made it seem much bigger then it was. the room was also very quiet.

• 1 month later...

A drawback to the aft extended balcony is that they get very little breeze back there so if cruising in the Caribbean, it can get awfully hot. Plus there's little privacy as your neighbors can easily peak around the slanted dividers. I think you get the best of both worlds with an aft wrap: calm balcony in the back and some breeze and privacy on the side. Love them!