Mr. Sancho's (Family) AI vs Pay as you go

KSUSHAQ

Taking my family on our first cruise next week and trying to figure out what do at our Cozumel stop. My wife and I have experienced Cozumel last November and went to Nachi Cocum and loved it. Not sure really what to do with the whole family. I have read numerous reviews and have it kind of narrowed down. Since it is our first stop I think the kids will be enamored enough with the beach atmosphere and just hanging out. Planning more involved excursions at Belize (cavetubing) and Isla (Ziplining). Couple questions regarding Mr. Sanchos.

Do you really miss out on much by skipping AI and doing the pay as you go? (pool, better chairs/etc)? Ages of kids (15,13,10,10,3) so didn't think much value of adding the cost of AI and a place to save some money?

Are the inflatables actually worth the extra cost? I know the visual to the kids they will want to go play but do they actually have fun on them? Seems like they could be a lot of work?

Had also considered going to Chankanaab but feel like it would be more crowded (3 boats in Cozumel that day) but my biggest concern would be missing out on a walk in beach area more similar to Nachi or Mr. Sancho's that would be more suitable for the 3 year old?

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Probably overthinking this one but never hurts to ask.

Edited by KSUSHAQ

I've been to Mr. Sanchos with and without kids and found it to be a great value and great time. We went with our kids when they were 7 and 9 and they had a blast on the water inflatables. Some of the inflatables were more challenging and probably wouldn't be good for a younger child.

We liked having the opportunity to try different drinks and the kids loved the frozen slushy drinks. The food was very good but I felt the service was a little slow. Make sure you grab a waiter to get you what you want.

The AI also gives you access to the pool with a swim up bar (the kids loved that), which I don't think you get with the pay-as-you-go. We actually spent more time in the pool than the gulf.

We are heading back to Cozumel on our next cruise and the kids insist that we go back to Mr Sanchos since it was so much fun. I haven't been to Chankanaab, but I did hear it was more crowded.

Taking my family on our first cruise next week and trying to figure out what do at our Cozumel stop. My wife and I have experienced Cozumel last November and went to Nachi Cocum and loved it. Not sure really what to do with the whole family. I have read numerous reviews and have it kind of narrowed down. Since it is our first stop I think the kids will be enamored enough with the beach atmosphere and just hanging out. Planning more involved excursions at Belize (cavetubing) and Isla (Ziplining). Couple questions regarding Mr. Sanchos.

Do you really miss out on much by skipping AI and doing the pay as you go? (pool, better chairs/etc)? Ages of kids (15,13,10,10,3) so didn't think much value of adding the cost of AI and a place to save some money?

Same chairs, only one small pool on the PAYG side - unless you will be eating and drinking a lot I think you are making the correct call.

Are the inflatables actually worth the extra cost? I know the visual to the kids they will want to go play but do they actually have fun on them? Seems like they could be a lot of work? They are a lot of fun and also a lot of work - $15 each for the wrist bands. Sort of depends upon your kids and how comfortable they are in the water.

Had also considered going to Chankanaab but feel like it would be more crowded (3 boats in Cozumel that day) but my biggest concern would be missing out on a walk in beach area more similar to Nachi or Mr. Sancho's that would be more suitable for the 3 year old? Chank also has a small beach, snorkel lagoon, plus the dolphin shows, etc. - but charges admission of about $20 each. :(

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Probably overthinking this one but never hurts to ask.

You might consider Paradise Beach - great facilities, HUGE pool, nice beach, water toys (similar extra fee), good food/drinks/service. Admission of $3 each for chair rental. Have a good cruise! :)

We were going to do the AI but after doing some thinking, I decided that for the maybe 3 hours we would be there (must make our yearly trip to downtown area), I just don't see us drinking and eating about 385.00 worth. I think we would do much better on pay as you go. If I'm not mistaken the AI side does not include the water toys, you have to pay extra for that.

We went to Mr Sanchos, but we did the AI side. However, toward the end of our day, we adventured over to the non-AI side and liked it a lot as well. The only "real" difference is the pools. The non-AI side has a very small pool and it's all the same depth. The AI side has a huge pool and since we were there, they have added another pool as well.

The water toys are on the non-AI side. We didn't use them the day we were there, but have used them at other places. Yes, they are a lot of fun and a lot of work when climbing. :p But I can tell you everyone enjoyed them when we did use them...from ages 5 and up into their 30's. :) You are correct when you say that the AI AND the non-AI side does NOT include the water toys with the admission price.

I have a complete review in my signature line that has TONS of pictures of both sides if you are interested.

Of course the other difference is...you pay for your food and drinks on the non-AI side. But, like you said, it's probably not worth the $385 for all of you.

As for Chankanaab, we find the place amazing and for good reason...it's a National Park. There's a lot to do there. They have ziplining (nothing major and not like ziplining in the jungle that you would do in Roatan), an alligator exhibit, a beautiful lagoon with iguana's walking all over the place, a free sea lion show, for extra you can swim with the manatees or dolphins (of course this would add to the price), a replica mayan ruins type of self guided tour, a small shallow entry beach and most of all...awesome snorkeling on the huge beach.

There's also 2 reviews for this place in my signature line with pictures. :)