Wow-more VIFP problems

maldenmusic

I can't get ahead with this VIFP thing. I am booked on my 9th CCL cruise next month. I looked at my VIFP club status and it said I am blue and haven't taken any cruises. So I called CCL. They said no problem, we have you under the wrong VIFP number and you need to use your correct one which has you as gold. So I tried to log in with the "correct" number and got nowhere. So another call to CCL. This time I was told no problem, we'll just merge the blue one into your gold and you will be good to go. So ok I then tried to log in after that and my login was not recognized. At first I thought it might have been a computer problem on their end but when it failed to work the next day I called. And then the real fun started. After speaking to 3 people and getting nowhere I asked for a supervisor. I found out that instead of merging me they totally deleted me and there is no record of me in VIFP. No problem they said we'll fix that and get right on it and call you first thing in the am. Well it's now way past morning and no call. But under my booking number it shows me as Gold so that's all I really need to worry about, right? This sounds petty but I don't want to carry around a blue card when I've been gold for so long.:confused: And I guess I want my free drink coupon and bottle of water. Just venting.

I looked into booking a cruise for next January this morning. Went to the last screen and now my mailing address is in Modesto CA. Never visited been let alone live there.

"But under my booking number it shows me as Gold so that's all I really need to worry about, right?"

Well, no. The way Carnival is jerking you around I would want to follow up with another call to a supervisor and have them verbally confirm my VIFP status and then be sure to check the "manage" section "VIFP Club" sub-section on the site after logging in to verify your status.

You are to be congratulated for being very patient with Carnival.

I looked into booking a cruise for next January this morning. Went to the last screen and now my mailing address is in Modesto CA. Never visited been let alone live there.

Be sure to change your incorrect address that Carnival put on your account. You're better off not visiting or relocating to Modesto. :eek:

Modesto Crime Data Crime Data FAQ

CRIME INDEX

(100 is safest)

Safer than 5% of

the cities

in the US.

Modesto

I registered with my legal first name but go by my middle name. So each cruise I have to explain to the staff what I prefer to be called. While speaking with a purser they suggested I simply change my name on the web site with my preferred name first. After doing this everything went great until I got an email after out last (cruise number 8) cruise I get an email congratulating me on my first cruise. Yep ... when I checked online all prior cruises were gone. So be careful of this little bug. Luckily the issue was corrected by Carnival by changing my name which restored the cruises and then they manually added the last.

Edited by JGlennCruiser

Plus Modesto is prone to being hit my meteorites laced with Quntonium that turn women in 80 foot tall monsters.

Doesn't Modesto get the highest Carnival Cruise discounts in the country? IDK. Sounds futzed up.

This sounds petty but I don't want to carry around a blue card when I've been gold for so long.:confused: And I guess I want my free drink coupon and bottle of water. Just venting.

You do know they have done away with the free drink coupon don't you? All you will get now is a bottle of water. You also won't get the invite to the past guest party anymore.

You do know they have done away with the free drink coupon don't you? All you will get now is a bottle of water. You also won't get the invite to the past guest party anymore.

What? I thought the golds DID get a drink coupon now instead of the party? Don't they?

I can't get ahead with this VIFP thing. I am booked on my 9th CCL cruise next month. I looked at my VIFP club status and it said I am blue and haven't taken any cruises. So I called CCL. They said no problem, we have you under the wrong VIFP number and you need to use your correct one which has you as gold. So I tried to log in with the "correct" number and got nowhere. So another call to CCL. This time I was told no problem, we'll just merge the blue one into your gold and you will be good to go. So ok I then tried to log in after that and my login was not recognized. At first I thought it might have been a computer problem on their end but when it failed to work the next day I called. And then the real fun started. After speaking to 3 people and getting nowhere I asked for a supervisor. I found out that instead of merging me they totally deleted me and there is no record of me in VIFP. No problem they said we'll fix that and get right on it and call you first thing in the am. Well it's now way past morning and no call. But under my booking number it shows me as Gold so that's all I really need to worry about, right? This sounds petty but I don't want to carry around a blue card when I've been gold for so long.:confused: And I guess I want my free drink coupon and bottle of water. Just venting.

I had similar issues and frustration with my VIFP number on the website when they switched over to the new program I think everyone got new numbers? Anyway, I couldn't ever get mine to come up on the website, but my reservations always had me at the right level. I'm sorry to say that it took me multiple emails and MONTHS to get it resolved. Good news, it all works fine now. I never called though and part of the reason it took so long is I didn't follow up about it until the next time I'd get ready to book a cruise, I'd go to the site, see I still couldn't find my VIFP stuff, email them again. Etc. Good luck.

This simply is not so, Gold members now receive a drink coupon.

The free drink coupon is still available but only to gold members sailing on 5+ day cruises. On 3 and 4night cruises a gold member is essentially a red card member.

791225F7-E2C9-4201-8C9F-B29F5F2A008E.jpg

This is one of the reasons we use a pvp in booking.

We always use a PVP, yet Carnival has merged my profile along with my dad's and my son's profile more than once (we have the same first and last name). I think that their system sucks because it's a recurring issue. My PVP always fixes it, but it's a pain in the butt. For our upcoming cruise, my son was showing as a first timer even though this will be his third cruise.

This happened to me as well but it was my fault. I changed my name in my profile from Christopher to Chris. They got it fixed for me in few days. Won't do that again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This happened to me as well but it was my fault. I changed my name in my profile from Christopher to Chris. They got it fixed for me in few days. Won't do that again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes. this has happened to me in the past. i am a jr and a couple times i booked not using jr and it messed things up. also my last name is 2 words with a space between the words. one time when booking they put it in as one word and it messed things up.

now i have everyone in my family's vifp#'s written down and when i call to book i just give them the vifp# for each person and they can get all the information for the booking from that. it makes it a lot easier.

if you don't know your vifp# just log into the carnival website and go to manage then vifp club. then go to my profile and click on account info and your vifp# will be there along with how your name and information is officially spelled with carnival.

Even John Heald gets a blue card some trips and he is actually Diamond .THey will correct it

Had the problem on the ship.

Got to the ship, card was blue. I'm one point short of Gold but first cruise with Carnival was in 2000. No problem for us, we went about our cruise without caring what color the key card was.

Unitl DW said, hmm.. where is our drink coupon?

Off to the Purser, I mean customer service, had FTTF because of tendering so thank did not have to wait on line (love evil looks from the line).

The "Customer Service Agent" refused to believe me that this wasn't my first cruise. Didn't want to look me up, kept saying the free drink coupon was for repeat cruisers. I then started naming the three other cruises I was on, from and where they sailed.

I guess that broke thru and she looked up my account. No apology, but instead of just giving me the coupons she made new cards. Then I had to wait for them to find the right stickers (drink, FTTF, Spa).

The entire thing and thankful I only waited for one person in front of me took almost 30 minutes for two free drinks. So what is that $16 an hour?

30 Minutes, I now had not eaten so I had to go rush to the buffet before they closed it after lunch!!

Just wanted to relate that.

FWIW

I'm having this issue right now also, but mine is not so bad since I have only been on one cruise, booked on my second. But my first cruise was booked under my maiden name, so trying to get it to show up under my new name is proving to be difficult. It should not be that difficult to understand that I am still the same person, with a new married name. People get married everyday and change their last names. The funny thing is that I got married ON THE SHIP!!!!!!!!:eek:

I somehow have 2 different numbers too. It hasn't been an issue when I book bc I have always called to book & the number they have when I call is the correct one. The number that shows up when I am on their website doesn't register as a past guest (which makes no sense bc being a past guest is how you get a Vifp # to begin with). No name changes here either. Oh well....it all works out in the end.