Aft Penthouse suite?

We are in a forward mini suite on deck 11 on the Jewel. Thinking of upgrading to a penthouse suite. The one available is in the VERY back of the ship. Facing straight back. I have noticed that most of the available suites are either in the very back or the very front. Just wondering if there is a reason why....we are first time cruisers. We have learned there is a lot more motion in the front so not sure what the issue would be in the back. There will be 3 of us(one an 11 yr old)..would the penthouse be suitable?

The Aft Penthouse is my favorite. And I agree with getting Deck 9 or 10. The Wake is wonderful! So peaceful! But sailing out of Port in the Forward Penthouses is awesome! I highly recommend it to anyone going through the Panama Canal. The view of the Canal right in front is very informative! The Balcony was 270 sq feet! Either Cabin makes a great Cruise!