Aurora questions?

Hello

Looking for a bit of advice on certain points!! Any help much appreciated.

It's been a couple of years since we've cruised and back then I was in better shape and in all honesty didn't attend many of any formal nights. This time around we would quite like to get dressed up again. Now the thing is I'm struggling finding a dinner jacket to actually button up and wondered if I wear a jacket but have it unbuttoned, but accompanied by a Cumberband for example would this be acceptable??

Now we honestly cant renember are ladies expected to wear black dresses or can it be other colours for example dark red say? Wasn't quite sure whether it was essential it had to be black and white for example?

Finally what areas are you not allowed into again on a formal night if ur not dressed up because I honestly can't find anything on this and just want to be sure on what you can and can't do if not dressed correctly?

Much appreciated as always for any help provided. :-)

No you don't have to button the jacket. A cumberband is perfectly acceptable.

Long dresses of any colour is fine but on fourteen night cruises the third formal is normally a black and white night and is normally adhered to by most.

I can't remember if there are any bars that are not jacket required on the Aurora maybe Champions bar as it is more open than the others, but certainly the Crows Nest and Andersons are formal.

I've put on a bit of weight too! So I didn't button the jacket, nobody said a thing, in fact I bet hardly anyone noticed. As for the ladies, they glam up in every colour under the sun. My friend would ask me what colour bow tie I was planning on wearing and sometimes she'd match my tie and her dress. The two main restaurants, Anderson's and the Crow's Nest are the only places on board that follow the dress code each evening and the two bars always have a notice posted outside.