Distance from dock to Avis in Skagway?

surgie

Millennium will be docking in Skagway at RRA (Railroad Dock Aft). How far away is the Avis rental office which they list on the confirmation as "Westmark Inn"? I have read it's "walking distance" but what does that mean in terms of blocks...or time...for people who walk at a moderately fast pace?

Five minutes after you leave the pier. Ten if you meander. Fifteen, if you mosey.

Thanks! That's what I needed to know. I've read to be there "early" since a line will form (and 4 ships in port on our arrival day.) How early is early? We dock at 7:00 am so I was hoping to be off the ship and at the rental office by 7:30. Early enough?

Thanks! That's what I needed to know. I've read to be there "early" since a line will form (and 4 ships in port on our arrival day.) How early is early? We dock at 7:00 am so I was hoping to be off the ship and at the rental office by 7:30. Early enough?

Do you have a reservation, and what time do they open?

Yes, we have a car reserved for 8:00 am, which is the time Avis opens.

Then you only need be there for 8:00. :) I worked in a rental car agency for five years and the office door was unlocked and the cars were ready for our customers when we opened and not before. No worries about getting there early. ;)

The Avis office is pretty small, so if there are lots of people there, you would have to wait outside in some sort of line/mob and probably be taken in one or two at a time. It is a pretty short walk from the ship. We did not pick up our car until 9:30 or so and were the only ones there, then drove it back to the ship and picked up the rest of our group. Very easy to do.

We rented from Avis in Skagway a few days ago. The dock is looong, so that alone is probably ten minutes and then another five to the office. They open at 8, we arrived around 8:20. There were a few people in line ahead of us but we were in the car within ten minutes.

We were there two summers ago.

The location is at 3rd and Spring, which is just a few blocks from the dock. 5 minute walk. It's small with only one person checking you in. They were friendly and moved quick but the line was probably 15 people deep at 8:00 when it opened.

Easy walk as others have said, but we circled around the block a few times before finding Avis. Bring a map (or walking navigation app for your phone) just in case.

Our first cruise was on the Infinity to Alaska in 2012, and for us Skagway was the highlight of our entire fabulous trip. We rented a car and drove to Emerald Lake. Driving through Canada's Yukon Territory was so much fun, had breathtaking scenery and was an easy, laid back and relatively inexpensive day. Highly recommend.

Enjoy your trip!