Suite: Laundry, UDP

seaofwonder

Just upgraded to a penthouse for our Med cruise next week. Been searching the boards and just have a couple questions:

If we have the UDP package can we have our specialty restaurant meals delivered and use the UDP?

I know there is an "all you can stuff" bag of laundry deal. Do suites get any discounts on that bag? Or any kind of free laundry?

Bottled water: we have the UBP and I don't think water is Included in that. Will the butler bring bottled water free of charge?

Just upgraded to a penthouse for our Med cruise next week. Been searching the boards and just have a couple questions:

If we have the UDP package can we have our specialty restaurant meals delivered and use the UDP?

No, you have to go to the restaurant. Otherwise, you pay the fee.

I know there is an "all you can stuff" bag of laundry deal. Do suites get any discounts on that bag? Or any kind of free laundry?

There is a discount at some point. We've used it and everything worked out fine.

Bottled water: we have the UBP and I don't think water is Included in that. Will the butler bring bottled water free of charge?

You get 1 bottle free on embarkation. OR...just go to a store at your port of embarkation and buy a case of water to bring onboard. OR...just drink the ships water - it's fine. OR...just take the water from your mini-bar. It doesn't cost THAT much!

Yes, you can have your butler deliver food from whichever specialty restaurant. He should know that you have UDP so you wouldn't be charged. Concierge would definitely know that you have UDP.

For laundry, I forgot if suite guests get a discount but Latitude Gold members get 25% off for laundry while Platinum members get one free bag (you simply write Platinum on the laundry form and on the bag).

I am not sure if your butler would bring you bottled water for free (as it's not covered by UBP) but you never know. I have heard that if you tip your butler well, they would go super beyond the call of duty.

Yes, you can have your butler deliver food from whichever specialty restaurant. He should know that you have UDP so you wouldn't be charged. Concierge would definitely know that you have UDP.

For laundry, I forgot if suite guests get a discount but Latitude Gold members get 25% off for laundry while Platinum members get one free bag (you simply write Platinum on the laundry form and on the bag).

I am not sure if your butler would bring you bottled water for free (as it's not covered by UBP) but you never know. I have heard that if you tip your butler well, they would go super beyond the call of duty.

UDP does not include room service from the butler. You must still pay the surcharge IF you order from a specialty restaurant as room service via your butler. UDP is ONLY good for dining in the specialty restaurants.

"Q. IN WHICH VENUES WILL THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

A. The Ultimate Dining Package is honored in all specialty restaurants with the exception of Ocean Blue, a la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based dining, mini bar and room service."

https://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

Edited by SuiteTraveler

My understanding is that the UDP is covered and can be delivered if you are in a suite. No additional charges for room service in a suite and I have read many times from others that you can order from any restaurant.

My understanding is that the UDP is covered and can be delivered if you are in a suite. No additional charges for room service in a suite and I have read many times from others that you can order from any restaurant.

According to this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2040216 , some said they were able to get their butler to deliver specialty dining dishes to their suites.

Furthermore, I remember either our butler or concierge told us that with UDP, they could deliver anything from a specialty restaurant to our suite in the Haven. Unfortunately, I have no real experience with this as I never actually had the butler bring me food from specialty dining.

Edited by GoAndHaveFun

I am interested in any laundry discount too for suite guests, we will use the stuffed bag for certain but before this i will without any doubt have some items to wash/ press

I did also read that a suite guest can have clothes pressed on arrival for free ??? or is that incorrect :confused:

Edited by Jofishes

Thank you. I guess we'll just need to ask about the UDP delivery once we arrive, since there appears to be discrepant information.

Good to know re bottled water. I know it is not expensive, I was just trying to learn what is included and what is not.

OR...just drink the ships water - it's fine. OR...just take the water from your mini-bar. It doesn't cost THAT much!

These are both your personal opinions, I disagree with both.

Bottled water onboard has outrageous markup and if you are used to naturally clean and tasteless water, cabin's tap water is really not that good without letting it sit for hours in an open container for the chlorine to dissolve.

Edited by Demonyte

Suites can get the food delivered free and served in cabin if you have the UDP.

Suites do not get any laundry or pressing discounts. Pressing was listed by one cruiser who had a butler who helped him. Otherwise you pay for pressing.

As others have said, there is a discount for Gold members and a free bag for Platinum.

You do get the one free bottle of water in your room.

Buffets do serve the flavored water.

Just left a suite on the Sun Monday morning in Vancouver. No laundry discounts for suite customers. Butler told me he would bring me an iron and board when I told him I needed some shirts ironed. Perhaps the butlers on ships that have Haven cabins are willing to do more. Both times I've been in suites on the Sun, the Butler was only interested in the coffee machine and mini fridge.