what happened to all the canada cruises???

jled

I am trying to find a cruise leaving out of NY or NJ for summer of 2006- either July or August, and there is only the Carnival Victory going out of NY for 4 or 5 nights. I don't want to book this since I am doing eastern caribbean on the Victory in February- over presidents week, there used to be cruises on the RCL enchantment- does anyone know why there are no more cruises- is it too silly to cruise again on the same ship- different destination???

I am also disappointed in the choice of Canada/New England cruises in 2006. The ones that are offered don't have the itinerary that RCI is offering this summer on the Enchancement. I will put off my cruise until the following year because I don't want to settle for the itinerary that I don't really want.

Many of the ships that are saling to Canada/New England this summer will be in Europe or Alaska next summer: that's where the money is for the cruise lines. Ships in the Caribbean this summer will also be in Europe or Alaska; so, for example, neither Celebrity or HAL will be in the Caribbean next summer.

Have you considered the HAL Maasdam cruises between Boston and Montreal? They run through 6/24/06. then pick up again on 8/5. In July the ship will go on two very long (17-18 day) top of the world cruises from Boston to Rotterdam and back.

• 4 weeks later...

Great news...

The Jewel of the Seas will be doing Canada/New England in September/October next year. Along with a couple of shorter cruises, there will be 7-day cruises from Boston sailing to Martha's Vineyard MA, Portland ME, Bar Harbor ME, Halifax NS, & St. John's NB, followed by a sea day and return to Boston. The 7-night cruises will be on 9/23, 9/30, 10/7, and 10/14.

They're not open for booking yet, but at least they're going to have a Canada/NE route.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

I think someone at RCI must have screwed up with the consumer website. The TA site still shows the Canada/NE cruises available for sale.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

• 3 weeks later...

I too was looking at doing the New England/Canada cruise in the summer...June or July...Do you have any suggestions as to which cruise liners are good for this? I am going with my "will be" 13 year old daughter after a brief stay in New York.

Thanks

Cowgirl, most of the cruises from NYC or Bayonne, NY (the New Jersey side of the harbor) in June and July, 2006 will be to Bermuda or the Caribbean. Except for one cruise 7/3 on the QM2, the only ship from NYC making Canada/New England cruises will be the Carnival Victory, with lots of four day and five day cruises. The four day cruises have only one port - Halifax; while the five day cruises add Saint John, NB. Will a 13 year old really enjoy a cruise that's mostly sea days, even on a "fun ship"? That obviously depends on what she likes. You may want to look at the HAL Maasdam, which does one way trips between Boston and Montreal in June.

Most of the large online TAs list cruises by city of departure, with Bayonne usually listed separately from NYC.

Archived