Britannia with children/children's clubs/entertainment

Vickitoria10

Just back today after a long drive home to Blackpool from Southampton. The cruise was Fab and the ship is great its really kid friendly. Mind me and Mrs are kind of tired out due to his highness our grandson.

Hope these help.calm fears..re the signing into the splashers play area .The one adult per child under 2_is very reasonable after experiencing it as more than five visitor parents would be too much.but they will let you sign in for another hour if its not busy.they do want to accommodate all kids .they are a great gang.

If you have an under two year old child and want to use the children's club; you have to remain in the club with the child, you are not allowed to leave without them. In this respect the club staff expect the presence of adults within the club supervising their under twos. I cannot see why they would not let parents or others approved under their signing in/out authorised people system remain with the children who are say just over two and recommend you ask in the club. I feel it likely they will agree to your staying.

You can dine in the MDR at any age but most parents find it easiest to do the children's tea and leave children in the club. This wont work for you from what you have said, so I am thinking you could try the MDR. Hopefully you are either freedom (flexible) dining or fixed at a table just for your party. If children make a fuss; it's easier with just people who are with you and not a shared table. The staff will have a high chair installed regularly if you are on a fixed dining 1st or 2nd sitting.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

That's good then, do we just ask the kids club when it's available to use? Our son is 2 and a half so I know he won't want to be left on his own. We go on the first cruise after the 6 weeks hol so I'm assuming their wont be loads of kids on the ships making the kids club quieter so hopefully more chance of us staying with him.

John, yeah we're a party of 6 plus the child and have our own table on the early sitting. This fits perfectly into our sons tea time and he's also used to eating out with us so will be fine in the MDR. We're not planning any of the other dining anyway.

You could always ring from your cabin about availability but if not many kids on you will be fine ..the crew are good with young ones and you might find he will be OK on his own with others of his age..enjoy ..its a great ship for food .

Thanks! Only taking one pair of trousers for my son for the evening cos he'll never wear them again so a good laundry will be handy! Do they provide powder or do you take your own? Did you have a buggy? Do you have to go off the ship where the wheelchairs go? I seem to think the other exit is normally steps?

You can buy your laundry powder on board; from what I call the sensible shop, but it's not cheap! Taking your own is probably cheapest with a fall back option of local shop purchase in the port town if you find a supermarket, on board shops are typically shut while in port.

Travel laundry cleanser using the cabin sink and hanging out on the clothes line in the shower is my daughters swimsuit plan.

Check out the Laundry Service prices they sometimes look cheap in comparison to losing holiday time.

Forgot to mention; upgraded one night with 24 month old daughter to the special restaurant on a cruise a while back. All went well in the speciality restaurant except that four waiters seemed to want to talk to little one and not be so attentive with the other diners. It worked well for us, so if you want to try speciality dining at full price all round it can be done.

Lol John

Edited by john watson

I agree take your own stuff but laundry washer and dryer are free.we had no dirty washing when we got home.another tip from us is to go straight into priority boarding bit ...babies are priority so don't queue... We didnt

Yes use it and be pushy...we used the car parking at dockside and queued for a hour ..when we finally got to offload the lady said we should have asked to go to front as we had baby with us so you could try that too if your using them ..mind there was 4_ships loading when we left .saw Simon Weston in queue.wasn't on our ship though .