Rccl - san juan beach escape

RBAlbany

Any one gone on this? We have about half a day (7:00 AM to 1:00 PM). $53.00/person gets you a complimentary drink and a cabana lounge bed at an "upscale beach location". Wife and I makes $106 total. Where is the location. Lunch is not included. Thoughts and other recommendations. Is it worth it with the cost of umbrella and chair rental in general?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I find this a bit pricey for a few hrs on the beach for a chair/umbrella/drink and transportation?

Depending on your other ports I would not typcially consider SJ to be a 'beach' destination as there are lots of other things to do and see and the beaches in your other ports are probably going to be a bit nicer.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2220499

Edited by Froufie

Any one gone on this? We have about half a day (7:00 AM to 1:00 PM). $53.00/person gets you a complimentary drink and a cabana lounge bed at an "upscale beach location". Wife and I makes $106 total. Where is the location. Lunch is not included. Thoughts and other recommendations. Is it worth it with the cost of umbrella and chair rental in general?

Excursion prices for a beach outing are ridiculous. Grab a taxi to Isla Verde beach $20 each way tops, buy your own drink at hotels and restaurants right there, beach umbrella and chair rentals if you want that. Arrive and leave at your own leisure. Plenty of cabs there for the return trip.

Excursion prices for a beach outing are ridiculous. Grab a taxi to Isla Verde beach $20 each way tops, buy your own drink at hotels and restaurants right there, beach umbrella and chair rentals if you want that. Arrive and leave at your own leisure. Plenty of cabs there for the return trip.

I agree you can do it very easily on your own. If food and drinks are not included sounds like an expensive taxi ride to me.

I know that many people have the opinion that the beach in Puerto Rico(San Juan area) is not that great but i disagree. First i love the beach period and second i found the beach in Isla Verde and Ocean park to be great! Long stretch of beach, wide, plenty of space not to be stuck next to someone.

What i didnt like is that not to many beach bars or restaurant. There are a couple but not enough for such a big beach for my liking, a few more would be perfect.

If you dont want to be served on the beach and are ok walking around do it on your on.

I did Isla verde on my own and an all inclusive package at a beach club that included drinks and food In ocean Park just next door.

I wanted to do that but the traffic in san juan is like the traffic in new york. Will I have enough time to have fun on the beach have lunch and jet ski?

I wanted to do that but the traffic in san juan is like the traffic in new york. Will I have enough time to have fun on the beach have lunch and jet ski?

Depends on how long your ship is in port. From the Isla Verde areas, you need to give yourself at least one to one and a half before sailaway, to get back to your ship.