What is the Blue Dot?

sail7seas

IIRC, it is an anti-chairhog symbol.

That is correct. Last year one of the NCL ships tried to prevent chair hogs by having a crew member put a blue dot on any chaise that had stuff on it but no person. If thirty - forty minutes later there was still no person on chaise with a blue dot, the items were removed by the crew member so that someone else could use the chair.

Those of us with blue dots in our signature would have liked that policy to continue and be done on the entire NCL fleet. But alas twasn't so. I think they didn't want to upset the passengers who were reserving the chaises.

Edited by NMLady

I just don't understand this. NCL has instituted policies over the past months that have upset many long time NCL cruisers. Yet, they don't want to upset those that have chairs held for hours on end without using them. I've seen people holding chairs both in the sun and the shade for the same party while I walk around aimlessly looking for one chair that I will use. I vote for the enforcement of the blue dot system!

I just don't understand this. NCL has instituted policies over the past months that have upset many long time NCL cruisers. Yet, they don't want to upset those that have chairs held for hours on end without using them. I've seen people holding chairs both in the sun and the shade for the same party while I walk around aimlessly looking for one chair that I will use. I vote for the enforcement of the blue dot system!

The policies that have upset people lately are done impersonally, but reinforcing the chaise time limit requires a confrontation between a crew member and a passenger, something that crew members are loathe to do.