Breeze room recommendations?

awarren114

Hi everyone! After MONTHS of debating, I have finally convinced my husband to go on a cruise! I'm booking tomorrow! The cruise I have in mind is the 6 day western caribbean on 11/29. (those dates work best with our work schedules) We will be traveling with our 9&10 year olds and although we considered connecting rooms, we will most likely be booking 1 BALCONY room. Any recommendations on which part of the ship I should book? Deck #? I've seen threads here before about port vs. starboard side but I have no idea what that means. Should I be looking at even vs. odd numbered rooms? Any tips you can give would be great!

We will be cruising on the Breeze next month and although we haven't been on this ship I'll give my 2 cents. We are booked on Deck 7 because there are cabins on Deck 6 and Deck 8, so quieter in that respect. With regard to port or starboard, we are booked on the starboard side and from my research, the only possible negative of the port side is that the outside promenade on Deck 5 allows smoking is some areas.

I will admit I have had some concern as to our cabin location as we are near Jimmy's Barbeque and a hot tub but I'm a people watcher so that might end up being a plus! We have always booked a balcony cabin on Deck 7 because of the location but I'm sure there are lots of other great cabins...just wanted to give my 2 cents!

I need to tell you something important about this ship, in case you didn't already know. On deck 5, there is an outdoor public walkway (the lanai) that goes around the entire ship, & it sticks out from the ship. This means that EVERY balcony above deck 5 will look down and see this public deck, and people who are on the deck can look up & see you. This is a bigger deal for lower decks like 6 & 7, & not as big of a deal as you get higher. Just yesterday, I was watching camcorder video I took, and I could very easily see onto the balconies of deck 6. The glass is tinted, but it was very easy to see through it. No privacy at all. Some people aren't bothered by this, others absolutely hate it & feel like they wasted their money. If your spot is above a hot tub, those stick out even further & sit higher, so the deck 6 balconies directly above those have almost all their view of the ocean blocked. Plus, the lack of privacy would extend to decks 7 & 8 in those spots.

To minimize the obstruction, you could go higher and/or go towards the very front or very back along the sides, where the lanai is much skinnier & doesn't get as much use. People also tend to not linger in those spots, just walking through, except where it faces the aft.

The other option to totally eliminate this obstruction is to get a cove balcony on deck 2. They are the only balconies to look straight down & see water, and are private, and the balconies are 45 sq.ft. instead of 35. I had one on Breeze, and I feel it's the best balcony on the ship. Yet, it's the cheapest balcony. Better possibility of seeing fish, plus it's nice seeing the water rush by so fast. You really feel like you're at sea. The balcony is within the hull, which some people don't like, but I like it. And in extremely rough waters, they can lock you out of the balcony, although that is extremely rare. Half of the coves are below the galley/kitchen, and some of those could experience noise from above. Those would be from the midship elevators on back. Stay forward of the midship elevators, & you'll be fine. We were below the dining room, and that was totally PERFECT!!! The dining room is empty all night long (absolute zero noise possibility), and even when it's in use, the dining room is carpeted, so very little if any noise comes through. It's better to below the dining room than it is to have a stateroom above you, because a guest might stomp around, while the dining room is totally empty. I would recommend 2290 (we had 2294) or 2317 for a good 4-person cove. Both in the same spot on opposite sides of the ship. Halfway between elevators, reducing foot traffic, & below the dining room. Being on deck 2 is awesome!!! If you can handle a couple flights of stairs, you will never need elevators when the elevators are totally slammed: before/after dining, before/after shows, getting off/on the ship in port, & for debarkation. People will be waiting forever for elevators, while you will immediately get to where you're going. Elevator waits to get up to the pool/slides/buffet are never very long, because the crowds are staggered for that. I think that deck 2 might be the best spot on the ship for any type of room.

Port & starboard side is a tossup. Port is the left side, while starboard is the right. The ship could face either way when docking at a port, so you never know which side will be facing the land. It's about 50/50.

It's hard not to go wrong with a Lido balcony. If your family likes the pool, sports area and the food/drinks....Lido deck without question. Also comes in very handy during the evening when kids want to make the runs to the ice cream machines and watching the Dive In movies by the lido pool.

True what folks are saying about the 5th deck lanai. Don't take me wrong....people are not looking up at you in your balcony. If there are folks walking at night laughing it up while walking out side on the lanai, you many hear them....But the pros of the convenience of the lido location far outweigh those concerns for us.

Enjoy your cruise either way. :-)

- JPO

Absolutely deck 7....its where the suites are so the hallways are less crowded and there are rooms above and below you so it is the quietest area on the ship. Also midship because it is the most stable.

Yes the lanai is below you but, trust me, those on deck five cannot see onto your balcony unless you are standing up at the railing....and I deal with line of site all the time as an architect and I know this for a fact.

This deck is midway between the activity decks of 5 and 10 and is an easy climb or descent via the stairs during busy times. And since the hallways are less crowded just use them to get to the aft elevator when heading to the dining halls.

Also, from midship you have a great view of the entire ship when standing on your balcony.

Lastly, because of this deck being where the suites are you have less chance of noisy neighbors in my experience and deck 7 is far enough above and below the lanai and the lido that blaring music becomes less of an issue when outside.

I've been on both the port and starboard side and have found little difference. Just remember that the afternoon sun side can be a bit warmer so think about which side is facing west on the majority of sea days as you travel south and then north.

Hi everyone! After MONTHS of debating, I have finally convinced my husband to go on a cruise! I'm booking tomorrow! The cruise I have in mind is the 6 day western caribbean on 11/29. (those dates work best with our work schedules) We will be traveling with our 9&10 year olds and although we considered connecting rooms, we will most likely be booking 1 BALCONY room. Any recommendations on which part of the ship I should book? Deck #? I've seen threads here before about port vs. starboard side but I have no idea what that means. Should I be looking at even vs. odd numbered rooms? Any tips you can give would be great!

You chose a great ship!

We were on Lido deck in Cabin 10274 on Dream and 10277 on both Breeze and Magic. Great location! Since we were on the same deck as the pool, it was an easy walk back to the cabin for forgotten items or to use our own bathroom. And being so close to the Lido buffet was great for grabbing coffee, snack, food, etc. and bringing them back to enjoy on our balcony. We had cabins above and below, and we were far enough from the Lanai that we had privacy. And since there were far fewer cabins on Lido, there was mush less foot traffic. Also note that we could not hear any noise from the outside deck.

When standing in the ship or behind it, port is the left side and starboard is the right side. We chose starboard on Breeze and Magic because the port side of the Lanai was smoking and we didn't want to risk dealing with cigarette smoke from below.

When you embark and it's time to eat, walk all the way around the Lido deck before you choose your first meal. I guarantee you that you'll pick something, you'll enjoy it, and inevitably someone will walk by with something that looks even better. :D (No, this has NEVER happened to me. :eek:;)) My favorite is Tandoor (Indian), which is located all the way aft (back) on the starboard side. Mmmm...

Have fun planning.

Deck 5 is A non-issue people don't stand and watch what you are doing and at night they can't see you sitting there and you won't here any noise when your in your cabin.. We choose deck 7 for a couple of reason. First as someone has already said that where the suites are and less traffic center of the ship and less Motion. Second it can be a pain in the butt to wait for elevators so your only a couple of floors up to lido of a couple of floor too deck 5.

Easy choice, Lido balcony port side. Mid ship close to elevator. You never hear the elevators.

Deck 5 is A non-issue people don't stand and watch what you are doing and at night they can't see you sitting there and you won't here any noise when your in your cabin.. We choose deck 7 for a couple of reason. First as someone has already said that where the suites are and less traffic center of the ship and less Motion. Second it can be a pain in the butt to wait for elevators so your only a couple of floors up to lido of a couple of floor too deck 5.

I agree, deck 5 is a non issue. People are not on deck 5 to watch people on their balconies. That's just not the case. People are on deck 5 sitting and eating or drinking and at the hot tubs having fun. They are not standing there staring up and looking at people on their balconies. I mean I guess they "could" but I think the majority of people who are on deck 5 are so busy having a good time they don't even realize the balconies are there.

We have an aft extended on deck 7 booked for the breeze and a lido balcony booked for the vista. The lanai doesn't bother me in the slightest.