Cabin 6205 -Solstice

KazAllen

We knew when we booked this cruise (South Pacific, March 2016) that we were booking a guarantee cabin but hey when you get a Balcony for the price of an Inside with the Classic Beverage Package included, and it would probably be a partially obstructed view - fine with that.

Would really like to find out exactly how much obstruction we have so if anyone is familiar with Category 2D - cabin 6205 and has some information would really appreciate it. Have had a look on the spreadsheet but there isn't any info there on this cabin or one close to it.

Thanks, Karen :confused:

We knew when we booked this cruise (South Pacific, March 2016) that we were booking a guarantee cabin but hey when you get a Balcony for the price of an Inside with the Classic Beverage Package included, and it would probably be a partially obstructed view - fine with that.

Would really like to find out exactly how much obstruction we have so if anyone is familiar with Category 2D - cabin 6205 and has some information would really appreciate it. Have had a look on the spreadsheet but there isn't any info there on this cabin or one close to it.

We had 6206 which is on the other side to you and the "Obstructed view" was not an issue. The top of the tender comes up just below the railing. Whilst one cannot look directly down views further out are not an issue. There is a Youtube clip of 6204 you may wish to have a look at. We found the cabin quiet and handy to the aft lifts. There are lights which come up from below but we didn't find then an issue.

A point to note is that it pays to check what one is wearing in one's cabin if maintenance is being carried out on the tender. more is better.

• 1 year later...

Hey Karen,

How was the cabin? How obstructed was the view? We have this cabin booked but didn't realise it had an obstructed view:eek:

Please let me know if we should look into trying to change cabins.

Cheers

Debbi :)

Save

18380184105_ca6907fcae_z.jpg

Hey Karen,

How was the cabin? How obstructed was the view? We have this cabin booked but didn't realise it had an obstructed view:eek:

Please let me know if we should look into trying to change cabins.

Cheers

Save

BeanB41 pretty much sum'd it up. We had a similar cabin and it wasn't an issue with us at all. Top of the lifeboat almost is inline with the railing. Looking straight out is clear. Looking down you see the boat.

Edited by Ox Fan Cruiser

We nearly always book a room on deck 6 .... love the location and we are not bothered at all by the obstruction of the tenders or lifeboats. I would say, for the price savings, you just can't beat it.

I don't want to start a smoking / non-smoking war here but did want to let you know that on the port side mid-ship, the smoking section is located on deck 5 ... pretty much directly below your cabin. I have found that with guarantee cabins, if you find another room within the same category (another 2D) that is more preferential to you, you can call and ask to be switched. They will usually do that for you.

So while the obstruction wouldn't bother me at all, the smoking would so that would be more of a reason for me to request a starboard side room.

Thanks everyone for there help.

I will definitely be asking to change cabins away from the smoking area. Both my friend and myself are bad asthmatics and smoking sets off our asthma.

Happy travels everyone :)

Called Celebrity today and got our cabin changed to 6204. Fingers crossed we don't mind the obstructions.

They offered an upgrade with a cost but said would have to cancel the booking and get a refund and rebook. Thought that was strange.... So just changed cabin.

Thanks again for your help.:D

I am in cabin 6206 on 13 March 2017 also doing the Great Barrier Reef cruise. Will let you know all about the cabin. From what I've read it will be fine with an outlook over the tender boats. Helen

I am in cabin 6206 on 13 March 2017 also doing the Great Barrier Reef cruise. Will let you know all about the cabin. From what I've read it will be fine with an outlook over the tender boats. Helen

Hi Helen,

That will be excellent thanks!!!

Would love to hear all about you cruise too, coze that's the one we are doing too. But not till Jan 2018 eeek so long still to go. But so excited.

Safe travels

We were in a cabin just down the hall on our Al and had the same view of the lifeboats. You could see over them so it wasn't too bad but we did not use our balcony much as most days, especially port days, there were workmen, pretty much all day, in the lifeboat. Never did figure out what they were doing but it was a little disconcerting to wake up, open the drapes and see workmen looking back.:eek:

Also, we were on the smoking side and you could smell pretty heavy smoke on port days. It was not as bad on sea days.

Sherri :)

Edited by sjb317