Tampa Transportation

chief4jones

Several hotels in the Rocky Point area of Tampa offer cruise packages including both airport and port shuttles. We were happy with Chase Suites, but shop around. Nice area with shopping and dining options. Westshore hotels are even closer to the airport - if a shuttle to the port is not included a cab will run about $25.

Post cruise a $25+tip flat rate (ignore the meter :cool:) cab will get you from the port to the airport - the ride takes 15+ minutes. I would not book a flight before 11:00 to be safe.

• 5 months later...

Hello there, this is my first post so bear with me as I am a little clueless! We are flying into Orlando International for 8 days and then taking Vision of the seas out of Tampa on December 10th for 9 nights. The plan is to hire a car in Orlando and drive it to the port and return it there before embarking on the cruise. We return to Tampa port on Saturday December 19th and we need to get back to Orlando International Airport fairly sharpish as we have an international flight back to Ireland at 3pm. There seems to be a lack of options for transportation between the port in Tampa and Orlando International Airport. I mistakenly thought there would be loads of options such as buses and trains etc. as both are big tourist cities. I received a quote from one shuttle company for about €280 dollars per person which I thought was excessive. Does anyone have any suggestions/ ideas please as I am getting a little worried at this stage?! ( for worried, read panicked!) Thank you.

Hi , Just goggle shuttles between Orlando & Tampa . There are quite a few at lower prices than 280 lbs . a person more like $300 for four people . There is also the Florida express Bus which does that route . Unfortunately we lack public transportation but we do have lots of shuttles .Orlando is a hour and a half from Tampa via highway 4 ( a miserable road ).Tons of traffic so you are better off with a shuttle .

Welcome to the boards! :)

A one-way car rental form Tampa to MCO is your best solution; Avis, Hertz and Enterprise are close to the Tampa port. All of the major car rental agencies are located at the TPA airport - a 15 minute/$25 cab ride from the port.

As mentioned above, the drive to MCO takes about 90 minutes or so - assuming you are off the ship by 9:00 AM or so you should be at MCO NLT than noon.

Good luck! If any of this helps you owe me a pint of Guinness! :D