Those Expensive Photos Onboard

Soooo, I know it has been established that I am getting meaner with age, but on leaving the Majesty Friday, thought I would nip down to the photo gallery to see what photos might be there of 'little ole me'.

Ah ha .... there was my old chops staring back at me from the board, which photographer was now clearing to be thrown away, ready for the new arrivals.

''How much ?'' I enquired, holding an above size photo (small 5x7 normally £10)

''That's £15'' he replied

After spluttering and swaying back and forth I offered him a fiver.

''It is not what you offer me madam, it is the price of the photograph'' he sneered

''Put it in the bin with your others then'' and went to catch my transfer.

What a odd chap to rather throw it away, than take a fiver, for something that cost shillings to print. It wouldn't have been so bad if it was framed. For £15 I want my chins and 2 stone airbrushed off !!!!!!!

I've never understood the rationale behind taking all those photos then so many are thrown away presumably because people consider them too expensive. Why not charge a fiver each or three for a tenner and possibly increases sales by about ten times! I reckon it would be worth them trying that approach and see if it is more profitable.

Especially in this day and age when almost everyone has a digital camera or phone and takes home 100's of photos. Not like the old days of a couple of Kodak films to be developed!

Some cruise lines now don't print the pictures - they are displayed on a monitor and you search through by date/location/event and order if you like what you see on screen. Good idea - stops wastage but the costs aren't any less!!! When you think that they've saved all that printing why aren't they cheaper? Rip off comes to mind.

I gave up trying to find photos after our first cruise that I know I won't buy due to cost. I used to say a polite no thank you when they had all the fancy dress critters off the ship to have a photo with, then thought let them take the photos. I don't have to find them, and it will give others a laugh. They seem to have ditched those now, so it is photo shoots set up in awkward places where you have to be careful not to trip over stuff.

Some cruise lines now don't print the pictures - they are displayed on a monitor and you search through by date/location/event and order if you like what you see on screen. Good idea - stops wastage but the costs aren't any less!!! When you think that they've saved all that printing why aren't they cheaper? Rip off comes to mind.

hi sis me and my husband always get a picture of our cruise as its a big deal for us and we have all of them in lovely lit picture frames in the shape of a big boat on the kitchen wall and all my neighbours love them and it the night time the flashing neon lights make them stand out its nice and the photo people are nice have given us photos for half price and often some free

Yes if the cost was less we and more people would possibly buy them. On the Captains night you HAVE to have your photo taken even if you declined to get one taken with the captain. We stood for ages waiting to get into the lounge.

never understand why folk buy all those photos then complain about the price,in fact i think you were being a bit generous offering a fiver, only going to finish up in a skip when you peg it LOL

My thoughts exactly.

I have learned to avoid photographers- I still fool myself into thinking I look quite different from the printed image!

Who needs a photo when there are lots of mirrors about lol!

Flopsy

My thoughts exactly.

I have learned to avoid photographers- I still fool myself into thinking I look quite different from the printed image!

Who needs a photo when there are lots of mirrors about lol!

Flopsy

Me too!!

I still fool myself into thinking I look quite different from the printed image! Flopsy

hi sis flopsy no need to be afraid of how you look me used to be like you and me had people say bad things be proud to be a big woman

your bud

I'm a sucker for expensive cruise photo's :eek: I always complain about the cost of them on board, and then go and spot a really nice one of my daughter or son and buy a load of them.

We have sets from most of the formal evenings stacked away going back over the last 10 years.

I always believe you get your value from professional photos in years to come when you look back rather than at the time of purchase.

hi bro, when we get dressed up for formal night we look good and get photo taken its nice to show neighbours and family.

your bud

Sorry but I am also a sucker! We always end up buying at least one probably two. However I do believe they would sell more if they were cheaper.

We rather like the photos, ok a bit overpriced, but in the overall cost of the holiday it does not work out that expensive, and you keep the memory with each photo. But again what would this forum be all about without the 'moaners'