Westin Bayshore Vancouver - restaurants?

cruzgryphon

the name escapes me but just past the entrance drive to the Bayshore is a seafood restaraunt. For lighter and less expensive dining I walk to the White Front a few blocks from the Bayshore. Prices at this westin are resort pricing and pretty expensive.

Very close - Lift. One of the best by-the-glass local wine lists in town, plenty of seafood, nice views. Carderos is the resto Dan G mentions - but IMO the whole Sequoia Group leans too heavily on their locations than their food quality to justify their pricing (i.e. the food should be good but even for Vancouver it ain't good value unless you feel the view is worth a significant chunk of your meal cost).

On Georgia just a couple of blocks away is a White Spot - if you think the Westin breakfast is ridiculously overpriced this is where you want to go, but they do offer a pretty broad menu all day at a good price point.

You can also easily walk to the Georgia end of Denman, where you could try a local Asian staple - Kingyo Izakaya (many peoples top pick among our izakayas). Seafood will be mostly sushi, shrimp and salmon.

If Asian isn't your thing, perhaps Gastropubs might be? The Fat Badger is run by one of the better Brits on the left coast, imports several draft English ales and does wonderful things with black pudding, curry and other staple British cuisine elements (on the seafood front, authentic British fish & chips at the very least).

Within a five minute cab ride or 15-20 minute walk you have literally dozens of options - if the above aren't enough for you feel free to provide more info as to what you're after like budget, (un)acceptable ethnicities of cuisine etc. and I'd be happy to target some other options for you.

Edited by martincath
to better reflect post above

We're at the Westin right now, got off the Jewel on Friday. Love the hotel, watching ships come & go, beautiful scenery and lots of activity - I'd just move in here if I could afford it. Upgrade to a harbor view room if you can - we were lucky enough to have Sheraton points to cover it all. We had a great dinner at Cardero's last night (one perfectly done steak, one delicious salmon) - super food and service. The hotel concierge can make a reservations for you if you go on a weekend. We also ate at the hotel's Seawall Bar/Grill the 1st night; normally I wouldn't recommend a hotel restaurant, but this one is fun with very good food. Had a wild mushroom pasta dish and a good salad - a super meal. We had one breakfast and one lunch at the White Spot, also an easy walk from the hotel. Both meals were well done and the service friendly and efficient. We both realized at lunch today (Sandbar on Granville Island, took the Hop On, Hop Off bus, another excellent meal) that every meal we've had in Vancouver was better than any of the meals on the Jewel, except for dinner in Chops. Our dining room wait staff was great, but the food on the ship was pretty mediocre. Home to reality tomorrow.

Edit to Add: There's also a large Safeway and a Whole Foods market about 5-6 blocks away; both have an excellent selection of snacks and prepared food for takeout.

Edited by Kartgv

Things should be getting even busier at the Westin Bayshore as it is one of the lead hotels for the FIFA Women's Cup of Football (Soccer) with arrivals starting this week.

Glad that you have enjoyed some of the restaurants that us locals have recommended and enjoy the rest of your stay.

Will be on the Jewel in September for it's last Alaska cruise of the season.

Cheers!

Dennis