Summit Suite experience is Sweet!

Jwhite4304

Currently on board the Summit. Overall suite experience is very nice however lunch menus at Luninea repeat every other day and the menu is rather small as it is. I was expecting a different lunch menu every day so it's a bit disappointing. Also they have completely done away with brunch, and I'm sad I won't get to try that lobster dish that was on the original brunch menu. Dinners have been nice on the whole. I'll write a more complete review when we return.

It is possible that they will [eventually] get more lunch menus. We started our 17-night transpacific with two brunch menus but brunch was served on all 11 sea days and a couple of the port days [late arrivals in port]. Part way through the cruise, they received two additional brunch menus.

We love breakfast on the verandah too. Our butler, Dominic, was wonderful, can't fault him, the problem was with the galley. Food prepared ahead of time then put on a warming tray, so everything was dried out.

We also had Dominic. Last time in #6140, this time #6139 Starboard and port. There are two for the aft end of the Penthouse deck, and they are Dominic and Jose. Both excellent. Thank you for this info. I will ask if we should just order a carafe of coffee from Al Boca (can't remember name) with Danish before ordering and go to Luminae later. What time is Luminae open till for breakfast? I love eggs benedict and am so looking forward to them.

Gary

We also had Dominic. Last time in #6140, this time #6139 Starboard and port. There are two for the aft end of the Penthouse deck, and they are Dominic and Jose. Both excellent. Thank you for this info. I will ask if we should just order a carafe of coffee from Al Boca (can't remember name) with Danish before ordering and go to Luminae later. What time is Luminae open till for breakfast? I love eggs benedict and am so looking forward to them.

Gary

Sorry, I don't know the hours for breakfast since we never went until disembarkation day.

But I can say that the couple sitting next to us that morning in Luminae ordered the Eggs Benedict and said they were delicious.

Sorry, I don't know the hours for breakfast since we never went until disembarkation day.

But I can say that the couple sitting next to us that morning in Luminae ordered the Eggs Benedict and said they were delicious.

Thanks, guess its coffee and Danish on balcony and breakfast in Luminae. Thanks for the info.:D

Just got off the Summit and all I can say is wow! Kudos to Celebrity for upgrading the suite experience and opening Lumina! The Lumina experience was like a small personal club restaurant with personal experience and outstanding food, presented in a beautiful display. By the second day, our waiters, hostess, maitre de had our names down pat and went out of their way to take care of us.

Also, the priority boarding and disembarkation, reserved theatre seats on formal nights, the butler, etc all added to the experience.

Jimbo

I completely agree. We just returned from our first cruise on Celebrity in 11yrs and stayed in a Summit Sky Suite. This was our first Suite experience on any cruise line. The Suite experience was great!

The Luminae restaurant totally rocked in every way: food, service and ambiance. It was like dining in a fine 4 star restaurant for every meal with tremendous attention to detail. We enjoyed it so much we ate every meal there with the exception of one specialty dinner at Normandie, and while that was good we both liked the Luminae experience better. The Luminae food, subdued ambiance and service were second to none.

Our Suite butler and stateroom attendants were like family by the end of the cruise. They could not have provided better service.

Embarkation and debarkation were swift and flawless and we thought the shows were great.

The whole Suite experience was relaxing and was clearly the best of our 11 cruises. We can't wait to return as suite guests on celebrity, it is well worth the money if it fits your price point.