Check out the conditions for cruises on annual travel insurance policies

suron

I have been shopping around to renew my annual worldwide travel insurance and know that having reached the over 70's age bracket with some pre-existing medical conditions I would be paying more than previously.

However it would seem that to include full cover for cruising on my travel insurance policy there are now new rules. Most companies now have a specific cruise cover and the terms and conditions vary from company to company. Do check your policy to ensure that you have the exact cover you need for your cruise/cruise with flights/cruise with land tour etc. Some companies will only cover for two cruises in any one year and additional cruises will be covered with additional premiums.

I am a UK resident so things may be different for other countries but it is best to check to get the best deal and to be fully covered.

Regards

Suron (in Bristol, UK)

• 4 weeks later...
I have been shopping around to renew my annual worldwide travel insurance and know that having reached the over 70's age bracket with some pre-existing medical conditions I would be paying more than previously.

However it would seem that to include full cover for cruising on my travel insurance policy there are now new rules. Most companies now have a specific cruise cover and the terms and conditions vary from company to company. Do check your policy to ensure that you have the exact cover you need for your cruise/cruise with flights/cruise with land tour etc. Some companies will only cover for two cruises in any one year and additional cruises will be covered with additional premiums.

I am a UK resident so things may be different for other countries but it is best to check to get the best deal and to be fully covered.

Regards

Suron (in Bristol, UK)

Only 2 cruises per year?!? :eek::eek::eek: I need to read the fine print on my policy...I may be in some trouble!

We have never noticed this provision on US Annual Med policies. Most annual policies on this side of the pond simply have limitation on the maximum number of days covered per trip. For example, the annual Geo Blue policy covers the first 70 days of any trip taken during the policy year. AMEX used to have a similar type policy that covered the first 60 days. But AMEX is currently not accepting new applicants for this policy.

Hank