Summit Aft 11 - movie noise?

Justbecoz

Read a little that the movies on deck 12 might interfere with sleep and balcony use during the outdoor movie nights? We have 5 aft cabins on 11 and most of us go to bed early and rise early. Does anyone have any experience with this? We choose this location partially for the quiet. Thank you!

Read a little that the movies on deck 12 might interfere with sleep and balcony use during the outdoor movie nights? We have 5 aft cabins on 11 and most of us go to bed early and rise early. Does anyone have any experience with this? We choose this location partially for the quiet. Thank you!

The aft rooms on 11 are more likely to get noise from the Oceanview Bar than anywhere else. The balconies of those rooms overlook the seating area of the bar and at night there may be some music playing that will carry into the rooms. It didn't bother us, but if you are early to bed it may be a factor for you.

If we were planning on going to bed early, we would NEVER book cabins above or below ANY bars or other venues that are open late.

If we planned on sleeping late, we would also never book a cabin under a pool deck or restaurant.

What movies? We have stayed on Deck 11, aft and there were no movies above us.:eek::confused:

They had two nights of movies outdoors last week. We didn't go to either, but clearly it was an issue for some folks. (I don't remember which nights, but someone posted the dailies for the May 10 sailing, so you can find out that way.)

I just hope that if anyone was bothered by it, they brought it to the attention of Guest Relations while it was happening. Perhaps the volume could have been lowered.

There are now outdoor movies shown Wednesday and Thursday nights on deck 12 by the basketball court. We are not concerned about noise from the bar or music just the very loud outdoor movies showing from 10 PM until midnight directly above.

The tiny amount of chat noise from the Oceanview Bar on deck 10 below your cabins will not compete with the surround sound, full 150db sound system they are using from about 10 - midnight (plus or minus) on Bermuda port days on deck 12.

I was in 1122 and it may be a bit less protected overhead then say 1140, but the sound wasn't even directed my way, it's directed direct towards the audience and your balcony.

Don't shoot the messenger. :o

loud-speakers-next-to-man.jpeg

This is very interesting.:rolleyes: So a big screen is set up on this top deck especially for the movies, or is this something permanent? I am trying to figure out where this would be on that deck. As mentioned, we have stayed in an AQ 1 on the Constellation with no movies or any noise whatsoever above us. We will be on the Summit in Fall of 2016 in that same AQ stateroom. I am all for watching a movie if it is any good, at a decent hour, and if there is enough room for seating (had a bad experience on a RCCL ship finding a seat for their movie night), but if the movie interferes with sleep time, I would also be upset. I'll have to go find the review that mentions this. Thanks!

The tiny amount of chat noise from the Oceanview Bar on deck 10 below your cabins will not compete with the surround sound, full 150db sound system they are using from about 10 - midnight (plus or minus) on Bermuda port days on deck 12.

I was in 1122 and it may be a bit less protected overhead then say 1140, but the sound wasn't even directed my way, it's directed direct towards the audience and your balcony.

Don't shoot the messenger. :o

loud-speakers-next-to-man.jpeg

What did Guest Relations say when you complained about the noise in your cabin from the movies?

What did Guest Relations say when you complained about the noise in your cabin from the movies?

I didn't complain to them, why would I, it's a ship organized function sanctioned by headquarters.

If it had been some idiot setting up something on their own damn right I'd call... :mad:

I'm complaining to the perpetrators of this really BAD idea.... :cool:

I didn't complain to them, why would I, it's a ship organized function sanctioned by headquarters.

If it had been some idiot setting up something on their own damn right I'd call... :mad:

I'm complaining to the perpetrators of this really BAD idea.... :cool:

LOL - it may be a "function sanctioned by headquarters" but perhaps that function might change down the road if people actually made it clear that it was an issue.

It's like all the other folks who come here to complain about something AFTER the fact, when it does absolutely no good.

Bring it to their attention WHILE it is happening so perhaps they can see (hear) for themselves that it is indeed an issue.

I am booked in cabin 1122 next year. Is this only on the Summit or on all M class ships ? We will be on the Infinity. I have seen this cabin and was not concerned about deck below but outdoor movies until midnight would be a problem for me.

This is very interesting.:rolleyes: So a big screen is set up on this top deck especially for the movies, or is this something permanent? I am trying to figure out where this would be on that deck. As mentioned, we have stayed in an AQ 1 on the Constellation with no movies or any noise whatsoever above us. We will be on the Summit in Fall of 2016 in that same AQ stateroom. I am all for watching a movie if it is any good, at a decent hour, and if there is enough room for seating (had a bad experience on a RCCL ship finding a seat for their movie night), but if the movie interferes with sleep time, I would also be upset. I'll have to go find the review that mentions this. Thanks!

Here's a photo of it.... I had to enhance it a lot... hard to get a photo during a movie... (it was much darker back there than at Princess's Movies Under The Stars on the special deck built for the venue)

There weren't very many people there and both evenings were lovely for sitting on the balcony with a drink before bed.... so it was a nice to watch a movie too :mad:

1zqavbk.jpg

Edited by A Sixth?

LOL - it may be a "function sanctioned by headquarters" but perhaps that function might change down the road if people actually made it clear that it was an issue.

It's like all the other folks who come here to complain about something AFTER the fact, when it does absolutely no good.

Bring it to their attention WHILE it is happening so perhaps they can see (hear) for themselves that it is indeed an issue.

I see it differently.

The poor schmo who has to listen to a complaint about something that is on the Celebrity schedule can't do a thing about it. You just wasted your own time and the staff has to listen to another "complaint" :(

They know how loud it was, they turned it on.

Everyone here on cruise Critic says how important those post cruise surveys are... we'll see. :eek:

Edited by A Sixth?

I see it differently.

The poor schmo who has to listen to a complaint about something that is on the Celebrity schedule can't do a thing about it. You just wasted your own time and the staff has to listen to another "complaint" :(

They know how loud it was, they turned it on.

Everyone here on cruise Critic says how important those post cruise surveys are... we'll see. :eek:

You are completely missing the point.

They can't possibly know what it sounds like in YOUR CABIN or on YOUR BALCONY.

If it is that much of an issue (and it appears to be - for you and others), then it should be brought to their attention WHILE IT IS HAPPENING.

Anyone can say something was "annoying" or "disturbing" after the fact, but then it's just your opinion and you may be just ultra sensitive to any little noise.

If THEY can hear it live from where it is causing the issue, then they can hear that it is not just some chronic complainer and perhaps they will change the sound, or eliminate it altogether.

You are completely missing the point.

They can't possibly know what it sounds like in YOUR CABIN or on YOUR BALCONY.

If it is that much of an issue (and it appears to be - for you and others), then it should be brought to their attention WHILE IT IS HAPPENING.

Anyone can say something was "annoying" or "disturbing" after the fact, but then it's just your opinion and you may be just ultra sensitive to any little noise.

If THEY can hear it live from where it is causing the issue, then they can hear that it is not just some chronic complainer and perhaps they will change the sound, or eliminate it altogether.

Maybe... but I bet I'm not going to be the only one lancing them in my survey on this one. :p

One more thing, this is not a mom and pop operation. Everything Royal Caribbean and Celebrity do is planned. How stupid does one have to be NOT to know that extremely loud sound will carry down to the cabins below. They already have been through the mess about the deck 12 joggers right?

Edited by A Sixth?

Our TA asked Celebrity about movies under the stars and they plan to keep them unless there are complaints. I asked him to ask about the Millennium also as we have bookings on this ship and they plan them there also.

They maintain that there are no complaints but as this is a very new idea perhaps they will get complaints shortly. We will wait a little while to see if they continue with this idea and then look at perhaps changing our bookings to another line. We have four cruises booked on Deck 11 and as they are btb we have same cabin for both cruises. It would be impossible to re book on another level and get same cabins for both cruises again as cruises are heavily booked. When we booked on board Solstice we were told that there would be no noise overhead on deck 12. How things change in a short time.

I am booked on a Fall 2016 New England/Canada cruise. We booked early enough to snag an Aft facing AQ. I hope these late night movies will be a thing of the past on the Summit by then. And if they are not, I think it would be a good idea if they are over by 10PM and not start at 10PM. I will keep an eye on the boards to see if they are still happening on the Fall 2015 sailings.

Edited by SeaWatch12