Are there desert wines or chocolate wines onboard?

On the larger ships wines may vary by restaurant, but dessert wines are always available. You can probably also get chocolate martini's.

Chocolate wines are still too much of a specialty item to have gained enough popularity to be onboard ships just yet. As it is ships are only just beginning to carry cider.

If memory serves there's also a very short list of sherries & ports on the bar list - Harveys Bristol Cream & Sandemans Tawny (the blended 'classic' no-frills version that retails for c.$15 in supermarkets).

The Inniskillin Vidal isn't the worst ice wine in the world - it's pretty typical for a vidal, super-sweet with lots of tropical fruit but not much subtlety - and the markup is pretty reasonable (it retails for c.$40/375ml depending which province you're in), but unless you've never had ice wine before I'd suggest that paying the corkage and bringing your own dessert wine(s) of choice is the way to go.

We usually take a bottle each of decent port & sherry - sometimes you get a hard time because of the ABV, and since technically both do contain added liquor while they *are* wines it's best to choose a label which has the word wine specifically mentioned to make it easier to convince the booze table flunky.

Thanks for the wine list. I didn't realize chocolate wines were a "new" thing. I just know it tastes like Yoohoo but you get a buzz. :D

The trend started about 2010 or so. There are only about 8 brands of chocolate wine right now. 4 contain cream and 4 do not contain cream. Cocoa Vino, ChocoVino, Cocoa Di Vine and the Chocolate shop are chocolate wines made with cream. Alchohol content varies widely. The non cream type typically come from an actual winery. Chocolate wines are meant to be used as an aperitif like Bailey's Irish Creme or Kahulua. I wouldn't expect to see these on a ship anytime soon.

Never tried chocolate wine before, but now I need to!:)

Glad we will be able to get some dessert wines onboard. We may bring our own port and still try what they have available. With the ubp, the up charge will beat any price we would get at a restaurant at home and I plan to try lots of new things!