Glory Review ~ Eastern Caribbean ~ May 16-23 w/pics

cruisinbabs

Enjoying the review...how close to the cruise did Carnival open up HMC cabanas???

hello! i am trying to remember and i want to say it opened up a about 3 or 4 months before we sailed? but i checked daily and once they were available we booked.

We got back to our cabana, loaded up our sippy cups with soda and booze and headed back out to the water. We floated and hung out in the water until we started seeing the beach slowly start to fade out. What do we do... keep on floatin, drinkin and talkin.

Jen got out first to start getting stuff ready.. then followed Ann.. I told them let me know when it is 3:15 and I will get out. Once it hit that time I reluctantly dragged myself and my floaty out of the water and headed towards the cabana so I could start drying off.

ABF203B0-993B-40E2-8EDB-48B30B486CAA_zpsdwacqrem.jpg

Everyone packing up.. me.. nope chillin in the hammock still..

Finally we had to start heading over to the entrance.. I DONT WANNA!!

BCAC29E5-24AD-453E-BA32-E9BECB2EF1F9_zpsfo7kayyk.jpg

We walked as slow as we could and wanted to enjoy every last second our feet were touching this beautiful beach! Sad pandas!!

3727A50B-6BC9-4FD0-BD1D-14D81CAB2ABD_zps23fm49qb.jpg

Empty bar :-(

CB6AEA44-ED66-4E05-BFBA-0FA76075AC16_zpstd0cc37e.jpg

Edited by cruisinbabs

We walk right past the line of people and head to the rumrunner bar. I am not waiting in that line!

Found a chair and table to relax with a beer.

9BFCA9F6-D5F7-405B-BCF2-D1301A329284_zpsh8bodom5.jpg

See that line wayyyy behind me.. no thanks!

The bar manager Ahmed came over and asked if we needed anything else and I told him "not at this time, just waiting for you guys to pack up your stuff and ride back on the tender with you guys".. He just smiled and said "no problem, you ladies leave when I leave ok?".. OK!!

CC28E42F-5775-41A8-93ED-03E59268323B_zpszeuvvkki.jpg

Clearing out! (some other people had the same idea too!) The girls were ancy a bit asking if we should get on the tender, I said "nope, they wont leave without us and its all good Ahmed will let us know when it is time".

E9C0C5B8-DF20-4742-AAE5-6DFA188AF14E_zpsdgftu8lx.jpg

All clear!

D1B3A3A8-FD45-4172-8756-BBCDFF219406_zpsixb1pohl.jpg

Make buddies with your bartenders! (he look familiar? yup he is the one that jumped into Jen's picture.. lol)

DE4F32A6-6DBF-4990-BF9F-6A8D29918B71_zpssrdga23a.jpg

Then we asked someone in line to take our picture in front of the sign without the chaos of doing it when you first get there... no rush!!

8F308E5A-9FCE-4365-BC98-9D53C840C910_zpsszrbdlfn.jpg

Last tender!!! Ahmed said its time to go!

I kept saying Jamman will be so proud of me... so Jamman, this one is for you!!!

609D94E7-DE69-4E4C-BFAA-1A7869CD3CAF_zpspk4ec02y.jpg

Either you can ride over in a sardine 2nd to last tender...

OR

F95BC729-D3AA-4940-8B67-DDA22F23C8EF_zpslfpcsekl.jpg

You can ride in comfort and stretch out.

DEC630ED-49CA-4423-9EE4-D8083AFD40A9_zpsmnxq37wr.jpg

Whale Tail!

We finally offload and people watching us... their faces...priceless.

Back on board safely and tired from the sun we head back to our cabin to drop off everything also to relax for a bit.

HALF MOON CAY MISSION:

ACCOMPLISHED

My family and I will be on this cruise in December. This will my brother and I first Carnival cruise (we cruised on RCI). My parents went on a Carnival cruise on about 12 years ago or so......

This is making me excited!!!!

Love the review so far, can you post a picture of the evening live music schedule from the daily times am interested in the bands on board? Thanks :)

I need to scan my funtimes still.. aka take a picture of them.. been slacking but I will see what I can find for you! :-)

Love your review. Your HMC pics are awesome!

thank you. still plugging away and trying to do some more but it was month end closing last week and I have a short week this week before leaving for nyc.. so I am trying to do it all.. keep those balls in the air! hehehe..

nothing special to take pics, just my iphone6..

We just got back from our Glory cruise and Half Moon Cay was our favorite port! We also had cabana 10 and loved it!

welcome back! HMC IS MY HAPPY PLACE!!!

its always hard to get off the ship! ugh.

yup cabana 10 is my go to cabana from here on out..

Great review... Going on the same cruise in about a month. Not sure if I want to try the water bottle trick that worked for you or the rum runners???

as of today unable to any more.. guess I will just save up and order my booze on board through the fun shops.. :-/ new policy wont stop me from cruising.. love it too much. :-)