Glory Review ~ Eastern Caribbean ~ May 16-23 w/pics

cruisinbabs

They don't check the "water" bottle?

nope but they sure checked my carry on, it went through x-ray machine and they went through it.. it had my 12 pk of diet dr. pepper in there. the girls were just laughing so hard.. I told them.. "hey I walk with purpose".. lol it just hung out in the water bottle pocket on my beloved backpack. :D

We did our dummy check then headed downstairs. So I usually get all worked up about how to get to piers etc.. have no fear people they are so used to it so much so it runs like a well oiled machine. We get a cab from the hotel to the pier. It it a very quick drive from the hotel to the pier.

04D57804-643E-407B-BE8B-49BE2A1CE7AE_zpsanskghay.png

You can see the Holiday Inn from the road you take to the pier.

2FB42A2B-E839-44A2-A2D9-DB53A465E84C_zpssc99cov5.png

There she is.. smack in the middle!

BC2DC33C-4F3C-40FF-8EEC-3CBF3B769353_zpsnvtjqpv8.png

Woo! I assumed these change week to week which terminal they are in but this was us this week!!

We pull up, the gentleman unloads our luggage then porters are right there ready to take your larger luggage. (and a small tip.. they work hard and it's friggin hot.. make their day, tip em.) They will check if you have FTTF (which we did) and will put a FTTF orange label on your luggage and off you go. Now there is quite a bit of chaos since there is like thousands of people all in one spot. We just followed the signs for check in which is super easy.

5FE932C1-0E60-4062-963D-8640B6C55C53_zps4dghd2rh.jpg

This is where I stopped, pulled out and passed out our boarding passes and passport and told the girls to follow me! I just checked the time stamp on this photo and it was about 11:19am.

Now, this was the girls first experience with FTTF and I told them to be ready for their minds to be blown. The first lady checked our stuff, and pointed us to the FTTF line where they check your boarding pass and passport. From there you go through the x-ray machines. (they checked my carry on bag but not my backpack which had my "water" in it.. walk with purpose folks!). Then you go up an escalator where there is a rep making sure you fill out the health questionnaire which I did print out but only 2 of them instead of 3. It's ok it takes like 2 minutest to fill out. Right after that we go to the next rep and showed her that we had FTTF where she proceeded to open up one of the ropes and said "here you go ladies, this way".. Jen and Ann turned to each other in disbelief. We did not have to wait that long for them to get us checked in and give us our sail and sign cards.. gold for me again.. (well for at least 6 more 7 day cruises). When we were done there they asked me "that's it??!" I told them.. "yup now we just wait and we go after weddings, diamond and plats." By this time the area is full of people that have been sitting their for quite some time. We were waiting for maybe 5-10 minutes before they called FTTF. Then we were headed on board!!!!

03703FFF-DDFB-4015-92E0-F772EA611763.png_zpsejnpzxet.jpeg

Up the stairs/elevator to take your embarkation photos then the best sound ever to a cruiser..... DING!!!!! This was new to me as after mine "dinged" it buzzed really loud... never had that happen before but they told me to go directly to the excursion desk.. thanks for the reminder I got that one under control!!!

Here we go!!!!!

F94F9278-70BE-430A-8F90-FBA4F7C261B4_zpsmqdk8sfg.jpg

I get chills every single time when I am getting close to walk on board!

5B470630-2A20-4666-A228-659947B967B0_zpseutlx3j7.jpg

Getting closer!

380D1FF9-D1E1-4B9C-8A67-BDCCDC4E5425_zpsrwge7qaa.jpg

Big bathtub toys!!

6AF4907A-298C-4AF0-A6BD-FC29ED9F7A71_zpsbq5eyxdw.jpg

Yay! I am so happy I am finally on a ship!!!!! If you haven't noticed I enjoy being a goofball and having a good time!

You must be wondering how long it took from checking in to setting foot on board... The time stamp on that last picture was 11:49. So that made it a whole 1/2 hour. Thanks FTTF!!

(Now I am not here to start a debate about FTTF but for me it's worth it and even with the price going up I will still purchase it going forward. So there is my two cents on that.)

I am now on board and my first order of business is hitting the excursion desk so I can pick our cabana for Half Moon Cay the next day! I felt bad because there was a line and only one person working the desk but she was super sweet. This is now my second rodeo with getting a cabana for HMC. I knew I wanted the same cabana as last year but would take a higher number one if it was possible. Poor lady didn't even have a chance to ask me and I just blurted out "is cabana 10 still available?".. she was like "you know what you want!" yes.. yes I do.. lol. Hey I have had 9 months to plan this! She told me that it was available and if that is the one I wanted... YUP ANNNNNND YUP!! SOLD!! Ordered our sodas we wanted and sizes for snorkel gear (that we did not use) and I was able to mark that off my to do list.

During this time the girls sat back, ordered drinks already because while I was in line they asked me what I wanted to drink and I told them "whatever has lots of booze in it and sweet"..

Done and done...

5B378008-5C04-4B6F-A8C4-3C7E25EC9061_zpsxq0uo0d8.jpg

Yay! vacation has started officially and I love umbrellas in my embarkation drink!

So excited to read this. I sailed Glory back in 2012. It was my first and only cruise and I feel like I'm reliving it hehe. Finally after the last few years of vacations elsewhere I've decided I'm doing another cruise and am looking at this itinerary for end November or early Dec. As much as I'd love to try another ship I just loooved everything about Glory and if the itinerary fits...well.... :)

Please bear with me, I will still be posting but it is month end for me at my "have to" job. I will try and sneak in a few postings today. Thanks for following along! I have so much more and lots of pics to share!!! Thank you for your patience!

I totally forgot you were from So. Oregon as well till I started reading this and remembered reading your last review! We are going on the Glory 11 day next Feb, so I am looking forward to finishing this one.

So far so great!!!

hi Barbara - Love the review, and especially since we'll be sailing Glory in February on one of the Journey cruises! And loving your pictures - you're like me - taking odd shots - carpeting and beers by the window. :D :D

You might want to check out http://www.ridesas.com/. Its about $15-18 pp shared ride.

We will be with you!!! We are doing any post cruise excursion (everglades) and it includes transfer to FLL where we are also flying out of as it was cheaper (especially important to Rural S. Oregon where all flights feel like a trip to the protological doc)

We polished off our "we are finally on vacation drink"... so we decided to go upstairs to see if our room was ready.. we go up to deck 9 and the doors were still closed off... we stood there for a few more minutes then Jennifer actually reads the fine print that FTTF guests could come on in and drop off their stuff. Woo!! Okie dokie!!! So we find our cabin 9257 and offload our extra carry on bags and 12 packs. I mean who really wants to lug all that to lunch? not me!

Now as in the beginning stages of planning we were trying to do inexpensive as possible and do interior cabins. Once it was down to 3 people we decided to bump to a balcony that way we would not feel so cramped. I admit it, If there is a will and a way to have a balcony I am all for it. I love that extra outdoor space and its your own lil private getaway right outside your door. (Plus you can go out in your scivies if you so choose, no one can see you anyways.) There was enough room for us 3 ladies, PLENTY of storage to put our stuff away in the closets and the drawers.. I totally forgot there were drawers to put stuff in underneath the pull out sofa sleeper! We also were able to store our three large empty suitcases under the beds. So space is not an issue what so ever! I apologize I did not get any pics of the lay out but it is just your standard balcony cabin. We loved the location on the Lido deck.. close to food and booze! Works for us. (pssst.. plus its easier to go down stairs than up!) You are still sandwiched between two floors of cabins and we never heard lido party or deck noise. Needless to say, we really enjoyed the location of the cabin.

lido%20deck_zps81k0kvbz.jpg

B3BD9765-A1D5-4799-978D-EC9B7FD71D6A_zpszbha1pn0.jpg

View of Port of Miami from our balcony

I like to introduce myself each time to our cabin steward so I found him hard at work (applause for those crew members they have a hard job!) his name was Katut (ka-toot) and introduced myself (gave them Jen and Ann's name cause they were not standing there with me). Requested an ice bucket which was kept full all week. Love the fact that they pay such close attention to you.

Then it was time for door decorations! Whipped those puppies out and my temp glue dots so we can make it feel like home for the week.

E01006AF-8FAA-4D6E-A6A6-0692AB911985_zpsxvexorho.jpg

Loved how they turned out and on the back of the anchor we wrote Glory Gals 2015. When we cruise again with each other, We will add another date on the back. (I ended up fixing between the A and the L because the spacing was driving me bananas!)

Went back in, check out what was left of our "Gold" card holder status as far as perks go. Since they decided to take away the past guest party away starting on all 5/15/15 sailings. How convenient since I was sailing on 5/16/15. Whatevs, my girls would not have been able to go so I would have not gone cause that is how I roll.. leave no fellow cruiser behind!

294768FA-84B1-4724-8729-338A7BC2DDD2_zpskjqqyt6w.jpg

I was however surprised on getting another pin. I thought it was a one time pin for reaching gold. Sweet! Also pay close attention to your drink coupon. Last night only after 5pm and make sure that drink is under $9! I paid .29 (.25+grat) for my "free" drink because of the one I wanted and ordered. In my defense I was in the lounge for comedy so I ordered my drink by color. Blue. The bottled waters did come in very handy for when we got off the ship into port so we had three of those as well.

62CE6DD0-E3BB-43C8-B63A-338CBB25C667_zpsbn3x8awk.jpg

Adding to my stash.. Love that backpack! It has been on the past 4 cruises with me.

Then we were HUNGRAY!!! FOOD.. GUYS BURGERS WAS ON OUR HIT LIST FIRST!

0B8A798C-DDA3-4A08-AEAE-5A572D54FF41_zpszaypsg2v.jpg

But first, this is when you REALLY know you are on vacation right here!!

39295A09-C358-48D1-B793-D5558FB0F80A_zpszyux9jy9.jpg

FFAD6493-9FD9-4468-A66D-2AAE043C3F4E_zpsgakier6l.jpg

Top 'er off baby!

BA3E52D1-D4C6-4364-B739-D1AC64949504_zps5iaqyrdg.jpg

Feeling Saucy?

A1A2EE18-C575-4650-B9A9-BCF8FC2397AA_zpsbslyuekl.jpg

Yup.. pretty plain I am.. Now I am not a food critic but being a fluffy girl.. I like food and Guy's burgers gets two thumbs up from me. It's my story and I am sticking to it.

With full tum tums we went back to the cabin for something.. can't remember but what do you know, it's not that far from where we were eating! Hawt dawg!

48929A89-996A-4584-829C-44A02C3F1139_zpsix07wwaj.jpg

Let's just say we did not let any alcohol go unconsumed this trip... This was not all of it because I still had some on its way. (wink)

It was time to get ready to say goodbye to Miami and HELLO FUN!!!

We toodled around for a lil bit longer and wanted to check out the serenity deck. I thought for SURE I was going to utilize this more this trip.. but nope.. ended up with a balcony and that is my serenity deck. If you haven't figured it out by now I am one busy bee on cruises. I "try" to relax and sit still but ya.. doesn't happen.. Hasn't happened on the past 5 cruises so safe to say, you cruise with me, make sure you got your shoes with rocket boosters on the backs of them. True story.

57BCC52E-5CB7-49D6-955C-5622D9309C95_zpskv9tkmeb.jpg

Ann and Jen testing out the clamshell

2EAA11A1-1FAA-4F42-931C-91281888B64F_zps7edvt4t5.jpg

Semi empty deck

78C0FF0E-3CED-420E-B4CF-85B766D45075_zpsrdqnboqy.jpg

Didn't want to take it through the glass so I just held up in the air while on my tip toes and just hit the button, hoping I got something. NCL Getaway sailing out with us.

9B8F3539-BBDC-45AA-85EE-8097960383CD_zpsrkbctq4k.jpg

Great clouds and perfect sailaway weather!

We work our way back to Deck 10 aft to meet with fellow Glory Squad members. This was first attempt at a general meet and greet.. next time I might try and do a formal one during a sea day. Still got to mingle with some roll call members. Eventually the plan was to meet there so we could hear each other then move to the lido deck party to have some fun.

me%20and%20the%20girls%20sailaway_zpsislfy08p.jpg

Me, Larissa, Ann & Jen. Yup already got another drink in hand for sailaway!

2A927888-4AD7-4A5A-8392-FD0DF2DDCE8B_zpsdzuvc3fb.jpg

Victory ready to get on up outta here!

1CA84DD4-5496-4C53-A3F1-FD8FF83DD348_zpssjefwgby.jpg

A13AC692-8431-4273-93F9-6AC3DC5D53C6_zpstkwelu9g.jpg

Her sailaway party was already bumpin!

And yes we did our muster drill before hand.. it was like packing sardines into a sauna.. One poor lady passed out and I felt so bad for her. They do let people know if they start feeling woozy you can get out of line and they will take you somewhere. It went pretty fast as I was sweating out my guy's burger and my drink I had already consumed.. burnin them calories baby!

We moved to the lido deck for a few min.. I love some loud music and chaos.. but mix in the humidity, I was ready to watch us leave Miami.

1F2FC83E-0CA7-4042-B40E-6F874CC43B0D_zpsjejkkbe5.jpg

Hard to see.. but the CD pulled this guy out of the crowd and was already 8 sheets to the wind and lets just say he was already bright red and probably had a rough week..

Since we did not get to go dance in the basin.. boo... we went back up a deck to see us leave Miami. We were so lucky to have such awesome weather for a sailaway!

14B369B2-541B-426A-A121-8BDD1F8A8C83_zpsmrcuc2vm.jpg

miami%20pano_zpshmzvlqek.jpg

Love using pano on my phone! And we are off like a bad prom dress!

z%20leaving%20miami%20port_zpsiyrcnqbj.jpg

See ya in a week!!

z%20leaving%20miami%202_zpsmid9k8wr.jpg

We shall catch up to you later Victory.... muuwahahahah!!!!

By the time we were done with sailaway.. it was time to head to dinner! Back to the room to freshen up then on our way to Platinum dining room.