Glory Review ~ Eastern Caribbean ~ May 16-23 w/pics

cruisinbabs

My family and I will be on this cruise in December. This will my brother and I first Carnival cruise (we cruised on RCI). My parents went on a Carnival cruise on about 12 years ago or so......

This is making me excited!!!!

How fun! this itinerary is amazing and I loved it! I have never sailed any other line before.... Carnival works for me budget and usually their sail dates always worked better than other lines. That's just me though. :-)

Ah yes, your photos reminded me of why I moved to Miami....and why I don't live in Seattle anymore! :cool: Great review.

southern Oregon is not as bad as seattle... I know I lived in Tacoma for 4 years and that was enough.. lol..

We took a quick rest and freshen up before we headed out for dinner and the rest of the evening. Dinner was good again.

A8F9A2E3-9854-4787-BC25-EA8032E0694C_zpsnidciw7z.jpg

Baked ziti.. not the kind I am used to but this was really good. Had salad for appetizer and then of course my WCMC. I really tried being better at taking food pics this trip.. but would sometimes remember and sometimes not. Being in the sun all day on a beautiful beach is hard work!

We then headed to the Hasbro game show which was fun and good laughs. I will say it... the cruise director Adam was just ok for me.. I am normally not picky or "oh my... I am going to cancel my cruise".. I am on a ship and having fun but this is the first time the CD did not have me in stitches. However the assistant CD was super funny so that made up for it.

After the show we headed to comedy which would pretty much be our nightly routine.

Once comedy was over we headed back to our cabin because we were beat from being in the sun. It was time for jammies and room service call for night cap. BLT's for this lady.. they are my favorite from room service.

We had this critter waiting for us this evening...

BAD163A2-7A53-4335-B12A-207E8270B673_zpssmfcizym.jpg

Here is funtimes from this day. (I lose the tear off one because I use those everyday to put with my S&S card)

7674BE0C-53E1-452C-9CAC-ABAC7AA7DE95_zps2mrczrjk.jpg

863D58A7-9EA8-4042-87B0-429402FC49C3_zpsjxyl4y8b.jpg

96FED0BC-51CF-4A02-AB76-4B2CD78980F8_zpsbn4rfjus.jpg

This day was not too shabby if I say so myself.

z%20hmc%20this%20is%20the%20life_zpsbf0jp8qx.jpg

Next up.... Sea Day and Elegant Evening

Jen ordered the extra $ Filet mignon... it was delicious and definitely worth the extra $20 bucks to her.

I'm really enjoying your review so far, up to the end of day one. I could hear the "ding" on your boarding selfie!

Question for Jen, since she ordered the steak - what was the deciding factor instead of going for the whole steakhouse experience?

For as tired as this Cracky the Chipmunk was from a rough day at HMC, my eyelids binged awake around 8am.. Hey, I am a mom of a 5 year old, sleeping in that late is GLORIOUS AND PURE HEAVEN. I sleep so good on a cruise ship!!

I knew we were going to sea day brunch but I had to awaken the other two. I proceeded with caution but tempted them for us to get coffee before we go to breakfast. That got the eyelids poppin open. Ann said "now you are talking my language". We get dressed for the day then head to the coffee shop on deck 5. I do have to say they make some really good foo foo coffee drinks like here at home. All the noms!

Coffee in hand we head down to platinum restaurant and we got seated right away. We were hungry and ready to fuel our tummies for the day.

2881B0CA-5D72-40CA-9788-34F4298613EC_zpsjgz6n29o.jpg

Yum!

We scanned over the slip that tears off the funtimes to see what we absolutely wanted to do today. On the agenda, mixology contest and hairy chest contest.. hahah! I know its not everyone's cup of tea but this trip was about letting hair down and just having good ol fun.

We all entered for the contest but our drink did not get picked. boo... however two people from our roll call got picked for the ladies. way to represent the Glory Squad! woot woot!!!

D3A2C481-408F-4BB3-B4E4-3845FBC0DB47_zps3a1hvzhe.jpg

Loretta and her "call an uber" drink made it in.. and this was her first cruise! Another roll call member Jenny won with "Jennies Jungle Juice". both of them tasted really good!!!

I'm really enjoying your review so far, up to the end of day one. I could hear the "ding" on your boarding selfie!

Question for Jen, since she ordered the steak - what was the deciding factor instead of going for the whole steakhouse experience?

Thank you so much.. been slow posting and I apologize.. work has been crazy and I leave for NYC on Sunday morning but driving to Sacramento Friday.. and I still haven't packed.. see my pattern here when I travel? :D And yes!! DING!!! MAN I LOVE THAT SOUND SO MUCH! i forgot to mention that one of the ladies during embarkation that was helping "ding" the cards she heard me say "man that is the best sound EVER!" and she busted out laughing... she was like "that is the best thing I have heard all day" good times!

Nope she just wanted it and ordered it. :)

Edited by cruisinbabs

Thank you so much.. been slow posting and I apologize.. work has been crazy and I leave for NYC on Sunday morning but driving to Sacramento Friday.. and I still haven't packed.. see my pattern here when I travel? :D And yes!! DING!!! MAN I LOVE THAT SOUND SO MUCH! i forgot to mention that one of the ladies during embarkation that was helping "ding" the cards she heard me say "man that is the best sound EVER!" and she busted out laughing... she was like "that is the best thing I have heard all day" good times!

Great fun review :-)

Wave when you pass Redding, I can see the freeway from my home! We are on right after Thanksgiving. Enjoying the pictures and salient points you make.

Wave when you pass Redding, I can see the freeway from my home! We are on right after Thanksgiving. Enjoying the pictures and salient points you make.

I will when I stop at in and out burger! (Eventhough we are getting one here at home finally).

I will when I stop at in and out burger! (Eventhough we are getting one here at home finally).

Well avoid the major munch times, can be crowded. Luckily right by hwy 44 so back on your route to I 5 should be easy. Our town is not laid out well so some tolerance is needed. GPS is a gift.

BTW, when do you post more about the rest of the trip? also............did you smuggle or buy bon voyage? Inquiring minds want to know..........:cool:

Well avoid the major munch times, can be crowded. Luckily right by hwy 44 so back on your route to I 5 should be easy. Our town is not laid out well so some tolerance is needed. GPS is a gift.

BTW, when do you post more about the rest of the trip? also............did you smuggle or buy bon voyage? Inquiring minds want to know..........:cool:

Oh I know how to get there. Lol.

I will post more after I get back from NYC.

We did both. So we played nice and were bad at the same time. Now no one can get mad at us. Hehe.

as of today unable to any more.. guess I will just save up and order my booze on board through the fun shops.. :-/ new policy wont stop me from cruising.. love it too much. :-)

Ugh. New policy starts 2 days before we embark. I have a plan and if it works i will share it.

New policy won't stop me either, I'm Ok buying some of my drinks onboard. Is it cheaper to preorder liquor through fun shop or is it the same price as on the ship?

Ugh. New policy starts 2 days before we embark. I have a plan and if it works i will share it.

New policy won't stop me either, I'm Ok buying some of my drinks onboard. Is it cheaper to preorder liquor through fun shop or is it the same price as on the ship?

Best not to share new plan. They read these boards.

What a fantastic review! Hurry back from your business trip so we can continue to drool over all your pics! Please post more pics of the menus too if you have them along with the Funtimes too! I see you had Mike Macy as one of your comedians! He is fantastic! Hope he is on there when we sail in October!

Hi gambee!

Peanut butter.

I bust open chocolate cake and scoop the pb in there to let it melt. It's seriously amazing. :-)

OH. MY. GOD.

What an amazingly incredible idea! I have to try this next time.

Love your review...did this same cruise back in November.