Would you do this?

staceyv64

I am booked for my first solo cruise next month. I am very excited about it! I have sorta kinda been on vacation alone before, but I knew the owners of the B&B I stayed at, so I always had dinner company.

My company closes between Christmas and New Years and I have always wished to escape for the week, but airfare is nuts. There is a 12/27 BA sailing that would be perfect and the studio is very affordable. And there is a bonus OBC if you book today.

So, what am I waiting for, right?

Would you go for it NOW, not knowing if you will love or hate solo cruising? It's only the deposit, and I would get that back if I cancel. Holiday sailings require final payment 90 days out, so I would still have plenty of time to cancel if I change my mind.

Would you do it? :D

I am booked for my first solo cruise next month. I am very excited about it! I have sorta kinda been on vacation alone before, but I knew the owners of the B&B I stayed at, so I always had dinner company.

My company closes between Christmas and New Years and I have always wished to escape for the week, but airfare is nuts. There is a 12/27 BA sailing that would be perfect and the studio is very affordable. And there is a bonus OBC if you book today.

Would you go for it NOW, not knowing if you will love or hate solo cruising? It's only the deposit, and I would get that back if I cancel. Holiday sailings require final payment 90 days out, so I would still have plenty of time to cancel if I change my mind.

It's an overused cliche but "you only live once". The question is why wouldn't you do it? :D

The studio cabins and the lounge are great. Chances are you will meet people the first night and not feel alone at all. They have group dinners set up by staff and people make plans on their own to go to different venues and entertainment with other solo travelers.

Yes!!! Start " practicing" now. Go to lunch and dinner. Hit a bar by yourself or an art opening, wine tasting. Go, travel see the world because when you become 2 it's twice as expensive😝

Go for it before all the studios are gone and you kick yourself.

Thanks all, for the kick in the pants!!

I did check the June/July deals, and if I book tonight, I will get $75 OBC. I think there is a soda package (don't drink soda), Internet (definitely want to disconnect!), excursion credit....so no other real perks.

Calling NCL now! Yay!!

Go for it!! Book now!!

Even though you will be cruising solo, you won't be alone. They have solo gatherings and such. Plus you're bound to make many new friends. Join the roll call for your sailing.

I love solo cruising!! I sailed in Solo Studios on the Epic (Eastern Caribbean) and on the Pride of America (Hawaii). The get-togethers were great on the Epic, plus I met so many people on my roll-call. I had a blast.

I have traveled solo twice and had a blast. You will meet folks to talk to everywhere. Also, see what the other cabin prices are for a solo. In the past when I have priced certain sailings the studios were sometimes just marginally lower than a bigger cabin and paying the supplement.

My first cruise in 1989 was a solo cruise on the NCL Southward. It was a BLAST and hooked me on cruising forever.

While they didn't have the studios back then, they DID have a "roommate" option, where you could let the cruise line set you up with a roommate of the same gender. I went for it and ended up in a cabin by myself, for the reduced rate. They also arranged for all of the "singles" to dine together, which made it great to meet others. I'm SURE you will have a blast !!!!!

Nice and happy thread. Yea!

Guess what? You can do whatever, whenever, etc on this cruise. Enjoy it!

I would.

Please come back afterwards and give an update please?

I promise to report back! In fact, will let you know how it goes next month!

I spent two weeks on a cruise of SE Asia by myself in February. I met up with some people I met on this forum for some shore excursions and then just asked to share a table during meals to meet people. Usually if you smile, are friendly and try some of the activities, you'll have a great time and meet some great people.

If no one else wants to go with you, go for it by yourself. As someone else said, you only live once.

YES but look for the new thread call June/July. It has the promos that are going into effect in a few days. Check and see if it would benefit you to wait a few days, or to book now.

Or book now and cancel and rebook if the promo is better

Sent from my iPhone using Forums